Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thursday, the 23rd

Good morning, everyone. Please remember that there is a DH tomorrow between the White Sox and Tigers. Because of this, you will see a little different look to today's post as I will focus heavily on the double dip. Tomorrow will be back to normal.

YESTERDAY

You know, I actually gave a little bit of thought to taking Jurrjens over Lincy. I ruled it out though because it would have been a really stupid thing to do. Or so I thought... As rough as Lincy was, the pen and the K's bailed him out and he gave most of us an acceptable 14 points. Bats were hit and miss all day. Braun was my big boy, giving me 12 and the rest of them were pretty mediocre. I ended up with 31 overall from the bats and my total of 45 kept me in 31st overall and bumped me up 500 spots to #14,834 in the second half. Hey, progress is progress.

TODAY

I see that almost everyone went into the desert for their PS as expected. That's cool, we can all sink or swim together today. Bats will be the key and I really feel good about mine. This usually means that I can expect at least 2 DNP's and a couple of zero's. Nonetheless, the bats will dictate your success on this day. Here's the final again...

C: VMart
1B: Pujols
2B: Utley
3B: Reynolds
SS: Rollins
LF: Ibanez
CF: Granderson
RF: Dye
DH: Lind
PS: Haren of the Desert

TOMORROW

I've given this alot of thought this morning and will probably go all DH bats as neither of the PS options are overwhelming. The big key in this one will be wether or not to risk taking one of the staffs, especially when there is practically an All-Star cast of other starters to take. Here is what I have so far:

Weather:
none

Teams Facing Lefty Starters:
Yanks, Cards, Braves, Stros, Mets, DBacks, Angels, Mariners, Marlins

ALERT!!! If the Yanks/A's game rains out tonight, give me half an hour to change my lineup and post it here. Thanks.

Pitchers:
Contreras x2 (4-8 4.75, 2-1 3.38 in July, 2-4 4.50 on road, 1-1 2.70 vs. Det)
Colon x2 (3-6 4.23, 1-2 4.62 on road, 1st start since June 7th)
vs.
Verlander x2 (10-5 3.34, 1.19 WHIP, 155 K in 129 IP, 2-2 3.12 July, 6-0 1.34 home, 1-0 1.00 vs. CWS)
Bonine x2 (0-0 9.00 in 4 games from the pen in April, just called up)

Happ (7-0 2.68, 1.15 WHIP, 3-0 4.04 home, 2-0 1.93 July, vs. StL)
Halladay (11-3 2.73, 1.07 WHIP, 1-1 3.52 July, 7-2 2.76 home, vs. Tam, may be traded)
Vazquez (7-7 2.86, 141 K in 126 IP, 1.05 WHIP, 2-0 1.86 July, at Mil)
Greinke (10-5 2.08, 136 K in 134 IP, 1.11 WHIP, 0-2 2.84 July, 6-2 1.83 home. 1-0 0.00 vs. Tex)
Cain (11-2 2.32, 5-1 2.39 road, 2-0 1.21 July, at Col)
Bedard (5-2 2.70, 84 K in 80 IP, vs. Cle)
Johnson (8-2 2.74, at LAD)
Kershaw (8-5 2.95, 104 K in 106 IP, 3-2 1.62 home, 3-1 0.38 July, vs. Fla)
I really can't make a good decision here. I have begun to lean towards the Sox, but with pithing this unreliable and bats on both sodes that can go off at any time, I think I have to go with Kershaw.

First:
Miggy (8-16, HR)
Konerko (4-30 and 2-2)
I have to go with Miggy here,based on BVSP alone as the tie breaker.

Second:
Polanco (15-42 and 4-15)
Getz (2-3)
This is a pair that may provide the surprise high scorer of the day. There is one in almost every DH. I'll go with Polonco for no valid reason other than I am more familiar with him.

Third:
Inge (12-53, HR and 7-18)
Fields (0-8 and 0-1)
Fields does exactly nothing forme and with Inge banged up (knees), I can't depend onhim to play two. That said, Inge for one has been almost as good as who I would take, ARod, has been for one as well. F it. Inge it is, but count on him only going one. Beckham may go two as well.

Short:
Everett (1-3)
Alexei (3-15, HR and 0-2)
I've never been a big fan of Alexei myself, but he will surely go two.

Left:
J Anderson (1-4
Podsednik (5-22 and 0-4)
Quentin (4-14, HR and 1-1, HR)
I'm going to count on Quentin playing two. He sucks this year and just came off the DL, but may get a game at DH as well.

Center:
Granderson (11-42, HR and 2-4)
B Anderson (4-9)
Granderson is a no-brainer.

Right:
Mags (10-47, 2HR and 11-44, 3HR)
Dye (14-44, 4HR and 1-2)
Magglio sucks and may or may not go two. Dye has to be the one.

DH:
Thames (0-8 and 0-2)
Thome (10-38, 7HR and 0-2)
I trust Thome way more. He also sat today,maybe in anticipation of the double duty tomorrow.

Catcher:
Laird (1-6 and 0-7)
AJ (12-38, 3HR and 0-1)
Neither is likely to play two, but maybe AJ will get a pinch hit or something in the second game.

Guys, if you see anything definitive tonight about who will or will not play two, post a comment her andhelp out your fellow readers. I will do the same. So there it is. For less than 47 mil, I have a DH loadup in the works. Man, the salaries on this game right now are plain rediculous. I hope the Yanks play two tomorrow as well, 'cause this one sucks rocks.

FINAL LINEUP

C: AJ
1B: Miggy
2B: Polanco
3B: Inge
SS: Alexei
LF: Q
CF: Grandy
RF: Dye
DH: Thome
PS: Kershaw

STAT CORNER

Scores from Tigers/Sox games this season:
At Det - Sox win 10-6
At Det - Tigs win 9-0
At Chi - Sox win 6-0
At Chi - Tigs win 5-4
At Chi - Sox win 6-1
At Chi - Tigs win 7-6 in 10
At Chi - Tigs win 2-1
At Chi - Sox win 4-3

The Tigs hit .208 with 8 HR and 4.125 RPG vs. the Sox
The Sox hit .249 with 15 HR and 4.625 RPG vs. the Tigs

The Sox pen is 13-13 with 25 saves, and a 4.17 ERA
The Tigs pen is 13-12 with 21 saves and a 4.36 ERA

DISCLAIMER

My picks are exactly that, my picks. If you choose to follow my lead, you are more than welcome to do so at your own risk. Thanks as always for reading, please come again and pass the word.

FU HALL OF FAME

Kerry MF'n Wood (founder)
Nick MF'n Blackburn (record holder at -43)


.

7 comments:

  1. Hey gomer how are you my friend? You dont trust in any DH PS? I think chisox its a good choice, what do you think about this? Tell me please.
    Quentin Will play two games?

    Cheers xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why you Said WhiteSox its a good option tomorrow o.O?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chisox aré better at batting compared with the tigers

    ReplyDelete
  4. unsure on Q, but i'm risking it. If you took the sox for the -90 game a few years ago, you'll know why i dont have them.

    it may work out, im just not willing to risk it

    good luck to you thoughm as long as you dont outscore me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. xD you talking about the game chisox vs twins two year ago??? Jajaja dammit
    i trust in you i will go with your line up, good luck for both :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, i think that was it - tried to forget it.

    remember, follow at your own risk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pick podsenik and realese Q i think Q no play two games, and podsenik will have a good season.

    I follow you, i win my group in first half and i win some money myself, but in this half will follow you and the country club. Thanks for this blog, you do the work easy for me in this half. Thanks again.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete