Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday, the 12th

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to the last day of the first half. I'm glad to see you again and want to take this time to remind you that the blog does not rest during the All-Star break. Tomorrow, I will review my team from today and my final position and I will also post an article on how to play a double header. Then on Tuesday, I will be posting the All-Star edition with articles by many of the current leaders and other BBC vets who have promised to contribute their thoughts. Finally, on Wednesday, we will get back to normal with numbers and analysis for the first day of the 2nd half. Hope to see you there.

YESTERDAY

I may have said this before, but the only thing more frustrating than having Ozwalt and getting toasted when everyone else goes for big numbers is having Johan go for a shutout and 30 points, knowing Cain left early with an injury, and then watching the Giants pen put up 30 points as well. To make matters worse, my bats gave me 44, for a total of 74 on the night and I drop 2 dams spots to 18th overall. That is just insane. I am 33 points out of 10th overall and hope that I can get up there again with a little luck, but who knows.

TODAY

It's a DH day and almost anything can happen. One thing I do know is that JayJay took the Cubs and Poulliot has the Cards. Even though our boy is in a 58 point hole, he technically does have a chance. I hope he picked right, not only because I have the Cubbies staff myself, but I reall do want him to win this thing. Dh's are tough to pick, especially this one as neither team is loaded with point grabbers. It appears that about 45 % went with the Cards and 35% or so took the Cubbies with Boston and Detroit picking up some scraps here and there. It will be fun and it's alll done now, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the last day of the half. Here's my final again...

C: Mauer
1B: Pujols x2
2B: Utley
3B: ARam x2
SS: Theriot x2
LF: Soriano x2
CF: Wells
RF: Ludwick x2
DH: Rasmus x2
PS: Cubbies x2

DISCLAIMER

My picks are exactly that, my picks. If you choose to follow my lead, you are welcome to do so at your own risk. Thanks as always for reading, please come again, pass the word and....

FU For Life Kerry Wood!

1 comment:

  1. I'm one who says, "ALWAYS take a doubleheader staff, it's worth the risk".....but today I went with Beckett vs. the Royals....I'll probably be kicking myself in the azzz

    ReplyDelete