Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday, the 11th

Good morning, everyone. It's time to make the last lineup of the half and today's edition will be a little different that you have become accustomed to. Since the Cardd and Cubs are going twice tomorrow, I will pretty much focus onthat game only. Again, remember to check out our All-Star edition on Tuesday and be aware that there will be new posts on Monday and Wednesday as well over the break.

YESTERDAY

Amazing. Totally amazing how I never learn my lesson with OZwalt. Haren and Lester were studs while the Black Death that is the Houston Astrops pitching staff gave me a lame 13. To make matters worse, ARod and Drew were the only bats that cared to make an effort last night and my total of 40, which on a normal day isn't all that bad, dropped me all the way down to 16th place, 46 points out of 10th. Now, I am freaking gunshy as all get out, more worried about falling than I am about rising. Tha last thing i want to do is blow the whole half after a good effort for the last 3 1/2 months. Dammit!

TODAY
It looks like the Giants have about a 3-1 lead on the Mets for pitching today. It's funny, in any other season Johan vs. Cain would not even be a discussion. I have Johan, as his home numbers are strong and hopefully he can get something positive from the bats. Two days left and another moving day is upon us. Here's the final again.....

C: Napoli
1B: Lee
2B: Utley
3B: Cantu
SS: Hanley
LF: Manny
CF: Sizemore
RF: Werth
DH: Ortiz
PS: Johan

TOMORROW

Weather:
Not a factor in any games at this time.

Pitchers:
Wainwright (9-3 3.09, 6-1 4.05 on road, 2-0 2.49 vs. ChC in 3 starts)
Loshe (4-4 3.99, just off DL, 0-1 5.82 on road, 0-0 7.20 vs. ChC in 1 start)
vs.
Zambrano (4-4 3.47, 1-3 3.77 at home, 0-0 9.00 vs. StL in 1 start)
Wells (4-3 2.48, 2 R or less in 7 of last 8 starts, 2-2 3.07 at home)

Verlander, Beckett, Happ, Kershaw, Gallardo, Buehrle, CC, Bedard and Johnson are also going tomorrow if the DH staffs have you worried.
I have given this alot of thought this morning and the bottom line is that the Cubs starters are a better option than those of the Cards. Balls to the wall, baby. It's the last lineup of the half and puss'n out is not an option.

First:
Pujols (14-56, HR and 0-1)
Lee (6-23 and 7-18)
The whole world is going to have Albert tomorrow, except for me.

Second:
Schumaker (8-22, HR and n/a)
I don't trust Schu and the Cubs are putting up nothing here. I will be taking Utley at home.

Third:
ARam (10-25, HR and 7-13, HR)
Thurston (1-8 and n/a)
Obviously Aramis is the pick.

Short:
Theriot (7-28 and 10-19)
The Cards have nothing of value here and as much as I am tempted to give my bat to Rollins, I think I will stay with Theriot.

Left:
Soriano (4-22 and 14-37, 2HR)
Duncan (4-17 and n/a)
I hate to do it, but Fonzie should play two and he still has the ability to put up some huge numbers.

Center:
Ankiel (0-6 and n/a)
Reed Johnson is a turd for the Cubs and Ankiel doesn't impress me much either. I will go outside the DH again, this time with Vernon Wells, who is 6-17 with 2HR vs. Guthrie.

Right:
Fukudome (4-14 and 3-9)
Bradley (0-4 and 3-12)
Ludwick (6-8, 2HR and n/a)
Ludwick is the only way to go here, I think.

DH:
Rasmus (1-4 and n/a)
I think I have to go with Colby, who should play two.

Catcher:
Yadi (7-29, HR and n/a)
I think I am going to roll with Mauer vs. Buehrle tomorrow. I obviously have the money to do it and Yadi isn't going to play two anyway. Why not?

This might be the most messed up DH lineup I have ever taken. If I see anything definitive about who will or will not play two, I will post it here. Man, I hope the Cubbies come through, or at least hold serve. This one is tough, folks. Good damn luck

LATE CHANGE!!! With Derek Lee leaving the game today with a stiff neck, I can't count on him to play both games, if any at all. I will change to Pujols at first. I realize that this gives me three bats against my PS, but as I have explained before, the best choices ar ethe best choices. Doing this willnot affect my PS score in any way.

FINAL LINEUP


C: Mauer
1B: Pujols
2B: Utley
3B: ARam
SS: Theriot
LF: Fonzie
CF: Wells
RF: Ludwick
DH: Rasmus

STAT CORNER
This feature will return after the break.

DISCLAIMER

My picks are exactly that, my picks. If you choose to follow my lead, feel free to do so at your own risk. Thanks for reading, please come again, pass the word and.....

FU For Life, Kerry Wood!

1 comment:

  1. Gomer...learned two things on this stop...the thing about taking opposing hitters against your PS and never knew the QS for the cubbie's this year, not too bad...
    Thank you Gomer, JT and Zeus...for the first half exciment...hope I was not too much of a distraction...
    PEACE :-)

    ReplyDelete