Wednesday, July 29, 2009

DH Edition - Rocks vs. Mets

I will make this quick, as there really isn't much to say about it. Neither team has had any significant at bats against either of the starters.

Pitchers:
Hammel (L) 5-5 4.28, 4-2 1.93 road, 0-2 4.45 July
and
De La Rosa (R) 8-7 4.78, 112 K in 111 IP, 4-0 2.43 july

vs.

Johan (L) 11-8 3.12, 120 K in 130 IP, 7-2 1.86 home, 2-2 2.28 July
and
Niese (L) 1-0 4.08 in 3 starts

I think the obvious pick is the Mets. I was going to take Lester, but the way the A's are batting, it looks scary. With Johan in a pitchers park where he has shined and a double doozy, I can't pass on him.

First:
Daniel Murphy vs. Todd Helton: Helton seems like the obvious pick, but while he hits lefties well, he has only 1 HR against them. I'll give Murphy a chance.

Bold
Second:
Barmes does hit best vs. lefties (.303), but Castillo is really hitting well right now.

Third:
Stewart hits .191 vs. lefties, so Wright is pretty obvious.

Short:
Tulowitzki vs. Cora. C'mon......

Left:
Sheff is on the DL, so Spillborghs is the only DH option. I'll take Manny vs. Loshe (5-12, 2HR) and hope he doesn't sit his lazy ass out.

Center:
Fowler is the only option and he hits .330 vs. lefties.

Right:
Hawpe doesn't do much against lefties and Frenchy has actually done pretty well in his new town. Believe it or not, I want Francouer.

DH:
Seth Smith and Jeremy Reed. I wouldn't recognize either of them at Applebee's. No thanks. Ortiz vs. Gio somethingorother is a goos deal, though.

Catcher:
Neither will go two and neither does much for me. I'll take McCann (3-6, HR) vs. VandenHurk.

LATE UPDATE!!! Word from the Country Club says that Castillo will miss game 1 due to the birth of his child (thanks, Joey)

FINAL LINEUP


C: McCann
1B: Murphy
2B: Barmes
3B: Wright
SS: Tulo
LF: Manny
CF: Fowler
RF: Frenchy
DH: Papi
PS: Johan and the Other Dude

No comments:

Post a Comment