Thursday, July 16, 2009

Shin Ticklin' Ferth basket by JayJayCox

First off I'd like to say thanks to everyone on the board. Ya'll have made this segment very fun and enjoyable to say the least. Want to also say thanks a bunch to Mo and JT for the time and effort they've put in to helping us all know the in's and out's of everyone's lineup and the weather in each city and also Gomer Pyle for posting his blogination each day. It was all very informitive and I'm 100% positive I wouldn't of finished where I did if it wasn't for you guys.

I'm almost certain this won't be near the level of most of the other blogs so I'm just going to post a few tid bits about what strategies I used and what seemed to work for me.

First of all and like many of you the way I liked to pick hitters throughout the weeks was by how hot they were and had been hitting in the past week or so. I didn't just look at that, I really got into a habit of looking at a hitters splits and how he faired vs a lefty/righty or how he batted if he was switch hitter from the left or right. I rarely let BvP or wind affect my decision on a hitter, though I'd be careful if I saw Jt had a warning about a game I had a batter in.

Some other things that really helped me pick hitters this year was a very simple strategy and an easy way out of making and thinking about a lineup when I didn't have a lot of time to research. Go with your fantasy squad... I know it's not a great idea for most teams, and it's not great advice, but when you're working with the likes of Pujols, Hanley, Ichiro, Lincecum, Lester, and Verlandage it really makes some decisions easy for you. It also makes rooting for your team a lot easier and enjoyable. This idea and advice was also my down fall some weeks and was a cause of some bad days where I went with verlander when I shouldn't have.

Lastly, about some pitching. Most of you are probably thinking I already know this, but I like to pick pitchers based off who their playing, their K potential and how well they've been pitching.. just like my hitters. One of my last tips of advice and I know ya'll really don't need to be reading this from me b/c I'm pretty sure just about everyone on here is as knowledgable as me and researchs near the same is that if you have a hunch bet a bunch! Don't second guess yourself and change your lineup back and forth near lock time. Your first answer is usually right. You've heard this in school I bet and it's true.

And at all costs and utmost importance Snarful the Garthog before making your lineups! Good luck second half everyone and thanks again! Would've liked to taken a little more time to write some other stuff up, but I've been landscaping the last week with the paps so I've been pretty busy. Sorry for posting this so late and sorry for not taking down Mr. Rotoworld aka Alley Gaytors.

- Jay

1 comment:

  1. Jay...surprised you did not fit the Walnut Creek Little League into the equation. I think I really blew you away with that stat my friend. Which is a good segway into why I am even on here at all...I think the gome took a bit of a chance on me and so far so good. Was thinking about it today. Since I pretty much missed the last two years, I have really missed the regulars in BBC and even in my limited capacity this season, I still think this is the best game in town. I thought about hanging it up after the first half, but Y'all are not only too funny, but damn, almost like sisters and brothers. Really talk to more people on here than I do on a daily bases with my out of town family. To me this is better than sliced bread...enjoy surrounding myself with like minded people and am truly amazed at the talent in this group, but it is a little deeper. The friendship shown here is uncompromised and genuinely true.
    Just glad to be along for the ride and after this is all said and done, I will remember this group for the rest of my life.
    That is what is different about this group compared to the BBC board. Butt munch, Mr H will never understand that and will go on and on and on and etc...to bad really.
    Anyway, thanks to everyone and again really appreciate the break y'all gave me...thanks gomer.
    PEACE :-)

    ReplyDelete