Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday, the 2nd

Are you having problems getting into ESPN this morning? Well, that means it must be Tuesday as those clowns are behind once again. Anyway, I am glad to see you here again today and hope you all have taken the apropriate measures to ensure that you will be able to watch the games tonight. With all the great pitchers starting, it is must see TV for sure. Let's move on.

YESTERDAY

You know, it could have been much worse. Unfortunately, of all the popular pitching staffs, mine had the lowest total. That said, anytime I can get 12 points out of Wellemeyer, I will not complain. My bats managed to help out with 32 total led by Jim Thome and Chasr Utley with 9 each. Weiters, Damon (DNP), and Upton busted out on me. All in all, I will take my 44 and run. I will probably lose a few spots to the Leaderboard but, as you well know, ESPN isn't ready to show me that at this time. I'll update this part when the final numbers are updated.

(Edit) - Ok, Thanks to some boys from the Country Club, it appears that I am now ranked #79 and am 27 points off the Leaderboard pace. I can't say I'm happy about it, but a 12 spot drop is not too bad considering the staff I had. I feel a move up today anyway, as the bats listed below are going to blow it up tonight. I can feel it.

TODAY

Like I said before, get ready for some good pitching today as 48 of the 50 Leaders took either Johan of Lincecum. The other two have Doc Halliday. If your pitcher is not on this list you may have your work cut out for you today. Either way, it will be a blast to watch this all unfold. Which one of these three will get raked today? Hopefully not Johan. Here's the final lineup again.....

C: McCann
1B: Pujols
2B: Harris (El Cheapo Especial)
3B: ARoid
SS: Tejada
LF: Crawford
CF: Granderson
RF: Hawpe
DH: Kubel
PS: Johan

I really like this group alot and am expecting some great results. Time will tell.

TOMORROW

Today's choices are very intriguing as well, particularly with the pitchers. It's like a who's who of number 2 starters. Good options are everywhere but none are what I would call automatic. This should lead to a wide variety of common picks which, in turn, will lead to a pretty good moving day.

Weather:
Red Sox/Tigers 50%
Mets/Pirates 60%
Brewers/Marlins 60%
A's/White Sox 50%
Reds/Cards 60%
I see nothing at this time that would cause me to stay away from these games but I will check the weather agin before cashing in for the night.

Teams facing Lefties:
Braves, Rangers, Nationals, White Sox, A's, Padres, Orioles

Teams facing rookies:
San Fran vs. Zimmerman (5 runs or more in 5 of last 6 starts)
KC vs. Niemann (4-4, 4.44 ERA)
Milwaukee vs. West (0-0, 2.25 ERA in 2 starts)
Cleveland vs. Swarzak (1-1, 2.08 ERA in 2 starts)
Seattle vs. Bergeson (2-2, 4,94 ERA)

Pitchers:
Piniero (5-5 3.86 ERA but banged up)
Lilly (6-4 3.50 ERA, rough outing in 3 of last 4, 2-3 6.14 on road, .200 BAA, at Braves)
Lowe (6-3 3.49 ERA, 2-1 3.30 at home, 7+ IP in last 3 starts, 3 R or less in 7 of last 8, vs. Cubs)
Pelphrey (4-1 3.88ERA, low K's, 5 straight quality starts, 2-1 4.74 on road)
Weaver (4-2 2.36 ERA, 53 K in 68IP, 5 straight quality starts, CG with 1 run vs. Toronto on 5-7)
Bannister (4-2 3.64 ERA, .299 BAA, 2-1 2.74 on road, rocked in 2 of last 3)
Marquis (7-3 3.93 ERA, low K's, gave up 9 earned in 3.2 IP vs. rocks on 5-13, .341 BAA)
Lee (2-6 3.16 ERA, so-so in last 3 starts, 1-4 2.14 at home, .244 BAA)
Outman (4-3 2.53 ERA, 2.92 road ERA, never faced any of the batters before)
Cueto (4-3 2.53 ERA, 3-1 1.87 on road, 1-0 1.29 vs. Cards on May 8th, .360 BAA)
Billingslea (6-3 2.80 ERA, 75 K in 74 IP, 3 of last 5 starts were so-so, .269 BAA)
At the moment, I like Weaver, Lilly, Lee and Lowe. Lee has to go becauseI can't trust him against the Twins and the Tribe is miserable. Based on his recent performance, I am going to pull the trigger on Weaver. I know an AL team on the road is not the way to go, but I'm doing it anyway.

First:
Lee (11-28, HR but facing a good starter)
Youk (2-3, 2HR)
Tex (3-10, HR)
Pena (3-8, HR)
Berkman (23-45, HR)
Helton (2-3)
My first thoughts are Youk and Berkman. I have not taken Youk since he got off the DL, but I have been itching to. Today's the day.

Second:
Castillo (2-2 and cheap)
Hill (4-9, HR but facing a good starter)
Phillips (3-9, HR)
Utley (4-12, 2HR)
Hudson (8-23, 2HR and cheap)
Right now, I'm going to take Phillips. He hasbeen the hottest hitting 2nd baseman in the last few weeks yet very few have noticed.

Third:
ARoid (1-5, HR)
Zimmerman (2-3, HR)
Wright (2-2)
Longoria (3-5)
Evan sees a decent pitcher and Wright has struggled. For the money, ARoid is once again thebest option.

Short:
Jeter (2-6, 2HR)
Tejada (4-8)
Eenie, meanie, miney, Jeter

Left:
Braun (vs. rookie)
Lee (13-35, 4HR)
Manny (14-27, 3HR - don't we wish!)
Pierre (3-6)
Braun was pulled yesterday. Foe now, it's Lee but I'mnot set on it.

Center:
McLouth (1-3)
Hunter (1-2)
Victorino (2-6)
Jones
I'll take Hunter in the dome

Right:
Lind (3-9, Hr but vs. good starter)
Pence (8-18 - isn't he on here every day?) Pence is struggling and taking Lind against my PS is not going to happen. Gimme Hawpe again.

DH:
Ortiz (2-3)
Byrd (5-7, HR)
Marlon Byrd - Hot hitter in a hitters park.

C:
Soto (2-5)
Mauer
I really, really hate catchers. In the "no good reason why" pick of the day, I'll take Salty.

There are some good matchups out her if you can find them. My guess is that there will be a lot of deep though and last minute changes to everyone's lineups tonight.

FINAL LINEUP
C: Salty
1B: Youker
2B: Phillips
3B: ARoid
SS: Jeter
LF: Le
CF: Hunter
RF: Hawpe
DH: Byrd is the Wyrd

Good luck folks and go Johan!

STAT CORNER

The top 6 in ERA for the month of May:
Halladay 1.42
Porcello 1.50
Verlander 1.52
Cain 1.57
Greinke 1.57
Weaver 1.70

The top 7 in WHIP for the month of May:
Sabathia 0.90
Verlander 0.90
Greinke 0.91
Weaver 0.92
Cueto 0.95
Halladay 0.97
Peavy 0.99

The top 5 in team ERA in the month of May:
Mets 3.34
Dodgers 3.42
Cards 3.56
Tigers 3.57
Rangers 3.57
Giants 3.75

DISCLAIMER

My picks are my picks. I do not tell anyone who to put on their teams. If you choose to follow my lead, do so at your own risk. Thanks for reading, please come again, tell a friend and, as always......

FU Kerry Wood





3 comments:

  1. just love this blog...keep up the good work....aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete