Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday, the 7th

Good morning. 12 hours and God knows how much beer later, the kids birthday party is over. I have to be honest with you, I didn't see much of anything baseball yesterday. Anyway, thanks for coming today. It'sa doubleheader edition as well as the Tigs and Chisox go twice tomorrow. I will tell you now that when there is a scheduled double dip, I always rely heavily on it. Most of what you see when I pick my lineup shortly will be DH related.

YESTERDAY

As good as I was feeling after CC and his pen got rocked yesterday, i felt the total opposite when I saw that Oz had given up 6 in the first 4 innings to negate any possible gain. I told you yesterday that I didn't feel good at all about that jackass.. What a joke that was. To make things worse, my bats were crap again as well. Hanley managed to get me 7 the hard way but Pujols, Phillips, Larry Jones Jr. (who is banned by the way), and Thome only put up 3 total. In the end, my 23 points dropped me to #79, 20 points off the leaderboard pace. Today better be a good one, or I'm going to lose any chance I have at all.

TODAY

Haren, Halladay, or Lincecum. Which do you have? Today will be a good one if you like good pitching. The way the weekend has gone thus far, I bet all 3 put up good efforts. The way I'm struggling right now, Haren better outpitch the others. I really did flip a coin yesterday. I have saved the nickel I used also so that if it works, I can use it again. Yes, I'm a bit superstitious. Here's the final...

C: Martin
1B: Youkilis
2B: Kinsler
3B: Wright
SS: Tejada
LF: Lee
CF: Granderson
RF: Hawpe
DH: Blalock
PS: Haren of the Desert

Tomorrow

I have one thing in mind for tomorrow - DH. To tell the truth, I really don't care who else is playing. I will say this, though. The pitchers for the double dip are 100% pure shit. Galaraga (crap) and Bonderman (first start of the year) vs. Richard (rookie) and Contreras (crap) do not intrigue me at all. All season long, I have taken DH staffs. This time, though, I think I'm going to pass. Weather should not be a problem anywhere tommorow so I will go with pretty much all DH bats and Jake Peavy as my pitcher. Jake is a home against Arizona, has 84 K in 71 IP, and looks like the only option I can trust. Here's what I am lookong at.

First:
Cabrera is a little banged up, but even so he is a better option than Konerko. I think he will play both, maybe as DH in one.

Second:
I can't see Getz or lillibridge getting to play both. Polanco probably will.

Third:
Josh fields may split time with Betemit. Inge may not play both, but is more likely to so do than any of the Sox.

Short:
Everett and Santiago should platoon this for the Tigs. Alexei is the pick.

Left:
Quentin is out. Thames has been gone since April but is expected to be back today. I doubt he goes two but who knows? It's worth a shot.

Center:
Granderson or Granderson?

Right:
Between Dye and Magglio, baseball dinosaurs, Dye has more power left.

DH:
Thome.

Catcher:
None of them will play two and I have planty of monty left for Mauer.

Pitcher:
I had my mind set on Jake but the closer I look at this, I am really thinking about the Tigers. Man, Chicago absolutely sucks right now and has been shut out more than any team in the game this season. Screw it, Tigs it is. Here's the final...Scratch that, I can't do it. Peavy at home is my pick. Here's the final...

C: Mauer
1B: Konerko
2B: Polanco
3B: Inge
SS: Alexei
LF: Thames
CF: Granderson
RF: Dye
DH: Thome
PS: Peavy

UPDATE!!! Miggy cabrera left the game early today for "precautionary reasons" whatever the Hell that is. Because of this, I can't trust him to play two tomorrow. I have changed to Konerko. Also, I am suddenly getting a feeling on Duke tomorrow vs. the Braves. While the Braves usually blow vs. lefties, they do have a .409 BAA vs. Dukie. We'll see. For now, I will stay with Peavy.

If I come across anything else definitive about who will or will not play two I will update this tonight around 9:00 eastern.

STAT CORNER

Ryan Howard already leads all active players with 13 4 strikeout games. Reggie Jackson is the all time champ at this with 23. Bo Jackson is second with 19.

Do you know who has pitched shutouts for the most different teams? Believe it or not, it's Doyle Alexander. He's also the guy the Tigers wanted so bad that they gave up a young John Smoltz to get him.

In 207 at bats, Jeff rancouer has swung at the first pitch 104 times. In the same number of at bats, JJ Hardy has swung at only 7.

During the Yankees 18 game errorless streak the Marlins committed 23 of them.

DISCLAIMER

My picks are my picks. I do not tell anyone who to put on their teams. If you choose to follow my lead, do so at your own risk. Thanks for reading, please come again, and....

FU Roy Ozwalt!

3 comments:

  1. mlb.com and the white sox team site both have Buehrle and Richard pitching the dh tomorrow. If that is the case, White Sox sound pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the info is wrong about Buerhle. Don't know why they would have him listed. He would be pitching on 3 days rest. Looks like it will be Contreras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man, thanks again for reading. From what I can tell, I think it will be Contreras as well. Either way, this is a very poor DH to predict.

    ReplyDelete