Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday, the 11th

Good morning, and welcome back to Interleague play. I cannot tell you how much I hate this garbage. You have to be very careful with who you choose. AL teams in NL parks will be a bat short and NL teams in AL parks will be a bat heavy. The batter/pitcher matchups are difficult to predict as many have not seen eachother and, if they have, it was a long time ago and doesn't mean as much as it ordinarily would. On top of that, who really cares about the Blue Jays visiting the Marlins or the Angels hosting the Padres. Yuck! Anyway, good luck with it. Personally, I can't wait until its over.

YESTERDAY

I really need to maintain thishot streak for a few more days so that I can build up a little more of a cushion on the Leaderboard. Verlander did exactly what I had been expecting him to do and was "the pick" among pitchers with his 31. My bats were pretty lame, led by Youk and Braun. Kinsler (DNP), Jeter, and Choo did nothing at all for me and, in the end, I picked up another 26 from the bats. Fortunately, bad bats were pretty common and my 57 was good enough to move me up to #33 overall, 17 points ahead of 50th. With a few more days like this, I can get into somewhat of a LB safety zone.

TODAY

The first thing that concerns me today is that the weather seems to be worse in Ney York than it was yesterday. This could be a real problem as I have three bats there. Chicago looks like it could have a good bit of rainas well. Damn. When I look at this lineup this morning, I really don't know what to make of it. I kind of like it, but i can also see it being a total bust as well. Some of these picks will not be among the common choices and that always makes me a little nervous. I will be pretty happy just to hang on today. I am also seriously regretting not taking Greinke. Here's the final again.....

C: Zaun (Just hope he plays)
1B: Dunn (K machine)
2B: Utley (Bum rule after 2 HR last night)
3B: Wright (rain)
SS: Zobrist (This I like)
LF: Lee (Cool)
CF: Upton (Why did I do this?)
RF: Cruz (Solid)
DH: Sheff (Kills Moyer)
PS: Vazquez (Again...why?)

TOMORROW

Weather:
Reds/Royals 50%

Teams facing lefties:
Phillies, Brewers, Royals, Rockies

Teams facing rookie starters:
Giants vs. Mazzaro (2-0, 0.00 in 2 starts)
Royals vs. Maloney (0-0, 3.00 in debut)
Twins vs. Wells (0-2, 1.86 in 6 starts, 31 K in 38 IP)
Orioles vs. Hanson (0-0, 9.00 in debut)
Braves vs. Berken (1-2, 7.04 in 3 starts)
Rays vs. Stammen (0-2, 6.45 in 4 starts)

Pitchers:
Joba (3-1, 3.79 ERA, 55 K in 59 IP, has only gone past 7 IP once)
Porcello (6-4, 3.98 ERA, 6 IP or less in last 6, 3-2 3.72 on road, at Pitt)
Halladay (10-1, 2.52 ERA, 88 K in 100 IP, 7+ Ip in last 10, 2-0 2.00 in June)
Garza (4-4, 3.55 ERA, 3-2 3.88 at home, vs. Wash)
Kuroda (1-1, 1.62 ERA, Hasn't gone more than 6 IP, at Texas)
Washburn (3-4 3.07 ERA, 1 R oe less in last 3, 1-2 3.06 on road, at Coors)
Haren (4-4, 2.33 ERA, 83 K in 85 IP, 3-3 2.05 at home, 2 R or less in last 3, .279 BAA)
Escobar (0-1, 3.60 ERA, only 1 start this year, .120 BAA vs. SD)
Lincecum (5-1 2.96 ERA, 95 K in 79 IP, 1-0 2.63 in June, 2 R or less in last 4, .271 BAA vs. Oak)
Once again, it comes down to Haren, Doc, and Lince. I think the easiest way to go is with CumBoy at home. The Marins scare me a little with an extra bat and Haren is due for an implosion.

First:
Pujols (7-14, HR)
Tex (7-15, HR)
Youk (6-18, HR)
Miggy (2-5, HR)
Konerko (14-34, 2HR but possible DNP with no DH)
I've been passing on Tex all week, not again.

Second:
Hill
Phillips
Hill is starting to heat up again and is a bargain at 4.7 mil.

Third:
Chipper
Inge (1-2)
Rolen (2-3)
I know I'll regret it as he always busts for me,but Chiller vs. the rookie is a good pick, especially at 4.1 mil.

Short:
Jeter (3-5, HR)
Drew (5-14)
Again,the options here are crap again. I think I am going to stick with Zobrist by default.

Left:
Ibanez (3-6)
Braun
Pierre (8-28)
Did I mention that I hate interleague play. Since money isnot an issue due to previous picks, gimme Ibanez against Lester.

Center:
McLouth
Victorino (1-3)
Granderson (1-3)
Grandy is struggling and Victorino does nothave enough power for me. McLouth is the one.

Right:
Werth (2-3)
Drew (4-12)
Mags (2-2)
Bruce
Vlad (6-17, 3HR)
Vlad has been pretty much useless this year, but his is hitting over .300 in June and I really like the numbers he has put up vs. Gaudin

DH:
Hafner (3-7)
Matsui (3-4)
Ortiz (6-20, 2 HR but a likely DNP with no DH)
Thome (13-42, 3HR but again a possible DNP with no DH)
This position is a block party of jackasses today. Let's go with Hafner, only because I feel confident he will play.

Catcher:
McCaan
VMart (4-14)
Posada (2-3, 2HR)
AJ (10-30)
Posada is the only one I can really consider here. McCaan is not a bad option, but I don't want to carry 3 Braves.

I absolutely hate this lineup, but can't really find anything better. Let's just hope that someof these FORMER BBC stars can get it together for one more night. Here's the final.....

ATTENTION: LATE CHANGE!!!
Maine as been pushed back to Saturday and Livan is facingthe Yanks tomorrow per ESPN. Please be aware that the following Yanks hit Livan well: ARoid (10-16, 3HR), Jeter (6-17), Matsui (3-5, HR), Tex (2-3, HR), Melky (2-3). In light of this, I am dumping Chipper for ARoid and, due to salary issues, Hafner for Scott.

FINAL LINEUP
C: Posada
1B: Tex
2B: Hill
3B: ARoid
SS: Zobrist
LF: Ibanez
CF: McLouth
RF: Vlad
DH: Scott
PS: Lince

STAT CORNER

Don't fill your team with guys who can't drive in a run when they have the chance. Below are the best hitters (by average) with runners in scoring position (50 AB minimum).

The top:
Bartlett .452
Hawpe .449
Escobar .421
Youk .415
Chipper .412
Overbay .381
Bourn .378
Phillips .375
Beltran .368
Wright .365

The bottom:
Tulowitzki .116
Navarro .118
Soriano .133
M. Young .143
Cameron .146
Wells .159
Bruce .160
Fowler .171
Lewis .175
Berkman .185

DISCLAIMER

My picks are my picks. If you choose to follow my lead, do so at your own risk. Thanks for reading, please come again, tell a friend, and.....

FU Kerry Wood


No comments:

Post a Comment