Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday, the 14th

Good morning, everyone. Thanks for coming again. Today begins our fourth week of doing this and we are now over 3100 views. I am seriously impresed with that. Thank you all for coming. It certainly makes it well worth my time to put this out everyday. I hope you all enjoyed Zeus' article on piching yesterday. It was a great read and I certainly look forward to his next entry. Thanks again, folks.

YESTERDAY

Posada, Tex, Braun, Ethier, Rasmus. Nice job, ladies. The five of you didn't get the first point yesterday. I'll remember this. Thanks the these clowns, I only put up 21 points from the bats. Pujols and ARoid could have matched that themselves. On the bright side, I was on the right end of the much heralded Ratface/Outman battle and made up some of the deficit. The Big Unit gave me 25 and has managed not to do me right both times I have taken him. I better not risk it again. This morning I see that, while I did drop 2 spots to #27, I have added to my safety net and am now 42 points ahead of 50th place. Today,I would like to continue building on that.

TODAY

We had some pretty respectable staffs to pick from yesterday. It will probably be a fairly diverse breakdown today, although it did seem last night, from what I saw, that Cain and Weaver were the top choices. I took the Dream Weaver Express myself and hope he takes care of me again. Here's the final again.....

C: McCaan
1B: Berkman
2B: Sanchez
3B: Larry Jones Jr
SS: Tejada
LF: Soriano
CF: Hunter (bum rule for sure)
RF: Upton
DH: Scott
PS: Dream Weaver

TOMORROW

Wow, I just really don't know where to start. There are only 2 games to choose from and nary a one has a pitcher worth a damn. I'll list pretty much everything there is to list, but this will be one of those days where it is a good idea to ignore stats and go with the sensible pick. Trust your instincts on this one. Here goes.

Weather:
There will be no weather tomorrow.

Teams facing Lefty starters:
Angels

Teams facing Rookie starters:
none

Pitchers:
Bush (3-3 4.58, 3 R or more in last 4 starts)
Pavano (6-5 5.40, ( 9 earned in last start but 3 R or less in 5 previous to that)
Lackey (1-2 6.61, 15 earned in last 19 IP)
Zito (3-6 4.09, less than 7 IP in last 4 starts, 0-2 2.70 at home)
I want to stay in the NL park, so Lackey and Zito are the only ones for me. I like neither so I will go with the one that is on the best team. Lackey it is.

First:
Prince
Morales (0-5)
Catalanotto (3-6)
Garko
Aurillia (1-3)
Ishikawa
This one is easy - Prince.

Second:
ATTENTION!!! I just found out that Howie Kendrick was sent down this weekend. Sorry for the delay inposting this and thanks, Monk, for letting me know.
Carroll
Grafanino
Buriss
By default, and only because he will surely play, its Buriss.

Third:
DeRosa (4-15, HR)
Figgins
Sandoval
Counsell (0-2)
McGehee
Uribe
Hall (2-3)
This one is a little harder. I think Figgins is probably the best pick (hitting .432 in June), but I have always been a big fan of DeRosa and, since he is facing the weaker pitcher I will take him.

Short:
Hardy
Peralta (2-3)
Renteria (0-5)
Izturis (1-5)
Aybar (1-2)
I like none of them, but would think that JJ has thebest chance to hit one out.

Left:
Braun
Abreu (1-5)
Francisco
Lewis
Abreu is hitting better and Braun has screwed me a few times, but common sense says Braun.

Center:
Hunter
Rowand (6-11)
Cameron (1-10)
Gerut
You have to go with the best player here as well, and that's Torii.

Right:
Choo
Vlad
Hart
Winn (10-35)
Matthews
I really want to take Vlad, but Choo does most of his damager vs. righties and is the smart pick.

DH:
Hafner (1-6)
Rivera
Pronk might be the more sexy pick, but Rivera is hitting .391 vs. lefties and I haven't really seen Hafner do too much in the last few years.

Catcher:
VMart (0-6)
Molina (0-3)
Napoli (1-9)
Shoppach
Kendall (9-26)
Mathis
I have to take VMart here. The problem is that, and I have no idea how, I am over the cap. I'll dump DeRosa for Figgins. It's probably a safer pick anyway as hot as Chone has been this month. Here's the final.....

C: VMart
1B: Prince
2B: Buriss
3B: Figgins
SS: hardy
LF: Braun
CF: Hunter
RF: Choo
DH: Rivera
PS: Lackey

STAT CORNER

Did you know that Willie Mays began his career 0-23?

Lets look at ERA leaders over the last 30 days (starters only):
Beckett 0.76
Verlander 1.25
Carpenter 1.59
Zambrano 1.75
Jackson 1.87
Cain 1.93
Halladay 1.93
Lincecum 2.06
Marquis 2.08
Weaver 2.12

And the leaders in batting average over the last 30 days:
Wright .413
Ichiro .410
Figgins .409
Mauer .388
Branyan .376
Tejada .376
Tex .374
Rowand .370
Sandoval .370
D. Lee .365

DISCLAIMER

My picks are my picks. If you choose to follow my lead, do so at your own risk. Thanks for reading, please come again, make a suggestion if you have one and.....

FU Kerry Wood



2 comments: