Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday, the 27th

Good morning everyone. It's barely 7 am and my boys woke me up half an hour ago so I'm sure you can imagine how fast the old coconut is working right now. Anyway, there are only two days left of this interleague mess if I'm not mistaken and that is certainly not a bad thing. Also, I want you all to know that I got ahold of JT yesterday and he will be contributing an article in the next few days. Please check back in and give it a look, as I am sure it will be well worth your time. Finally, are you thinking its time to take a risk in effort to make your big move. Just so you know, in 2007, just a few days before the All Star Break, I took the damn White Sox in a DH vs. Minnesota and gave up 22 and 12 runs respectively, totally blowing my season. Just sayin'...play smart.

YESTERDAY

Well I promised someone would blow up, I just pinned the tail on the wrong donkey. Beckett and Gallardo cruised right through, but Verlander and his buddy Zumaya severely disappointed. Fortunately, as poor as Millwood looked, I picked up 24 points from him and his pen, managing not to be on the low end of the popular picks. Offensively, ARoid of all people led me with 10 while Jeter (DNP), Sori and Vlad gave me just 1 lousy point. The 55 I totaled by the end of the night was nothing to get me excited really. But it does keep me in 7th place and a little closer to the overall lead, although I don't want to get into that yet for fear of bad juju. Like I have said before, I don't complain about anything over 50.

TODAY

I think that everyone is pretty much going to roll with the King out in Seattle tonight. Of course this means that it is a day for bats, unless you took an undernoticed staff. I would expect very little movement overall. This makes me feel batter as I won't be around too much today and, knowing this, will be able to relax. Here's the final again...

C: VMart
1B: Votto
2B: Kinsler
3B: Rolen
SS: Hanley
LF: Braun
CF: Granderson
RF: Upton
DH: Jones
PS: HOLY SHIT!!! I must not have changed my staff last night! You see what happens when I put all this time in for you guys, I lose my train of thought. I am stuck with the Rangers again?? This is life altering, folks. God bless America, this sucks. I don't even know who is going for them today and I'm not looking either. Spilled milk guys, spilled milk. Fuck me!

TOMORROW

Weather:
Once agin, all games appear to be clear of rain.

Teams Facing Lefty Starters:
Reds, Jays, Phillies, Orioles, Rays,Marlins, Cubs, Brewers, Cards, Dodgers, Padres

Teams Facing Rookie Starters:
Reds vs. Huff (3-2 5.71 in 8 starts)
Red Sox vs. Hanson (3-0 3.13 in 4 starts)
Rockies vs. Mazzaro (see "pitchers")

Bats to Avoid:
McLouth (2-10 vs. starter)
Podsednik (6-30)
Rowand 94-20, 2HR)
Vizquel (2-11)
Cruz (2-10)
Damon (2-13)

Pitchers:
Lannan (4-5 3.44, 2-5 5.40 on road, 2-0 1.82 in June, at Bal)
Hanson (3-0 3.13 in 4 starts, vs. Bos)
Greinke (9-3 1.90, 111 K in 109 IP, 1.02 WHIP, 3-2 2.08 on road, 1-2 4.33 in June, at Pit)
Z (4-2 3.48, 3-1 2.78 on road, 1-0 2.20 in June, 0-0 3.86 vs. CWS this year)
Jackson (6-4 2.40, 1.07 WHIP, 3-3 1.89 on road, 1-1 2.67 in June, at Hou)
Ortiz (3-3 3.47, 1-1 1.75 in June, vs. Det)
Piniero (6-8 3.40, Low K's, 3-3 2.32 at home, 1-3 2.30 in June, vs. Min)
Cook (7-3 4.00, 4-2 3.98 on road, 4-1 2.65 in June, at Oak)
Mazzaro (2-2 2.56 in 5 starts, vs. Col)
Kuroda (2-3 3.44, 0.95 WHIP, 0-2 3.71 at home, 1-1 3.77 in June, vs. Sea)
Sherzer (5-4 3.53, 81 K in 79 IP, 3-2 5.31 at home, 3-0 1.46 in June, vs. LAA)
Jackson and Cook are somewhat intriguing, but I have to go with Greinke. Pitt sucks and he is due for a gem.

First:
Votto (2-2, 2HR vs. lefty rook)
Overbay (6-16, HR vs. lefty)
Dunn (1-2)
Konerko (7-25, 4HR vs. good starter)
Prince (3-8 vs. lefty)
Pujols (n/a vs. lefty)
Morneau (5-11, 2HR vs. good starter)
Swisher (5-14)
Tex (3-6, 2HR)
Tex, Pujols and Votto are my favorite three, and I feel that Tex is due. Votto is a good cheap option vs. the rookie if you need to save cap room.

Second:
Phillips (1-2 vs. lefty rook)
Scutaro (14-33, 3HR vs. lefty)
Hill (8-20, HR vs. lefty)
Cano (4-9, HR)
It's Hill or Scutaro vs. Moyer for me, and Hill has more power.

Third:
DeRosa (2-4)
Rolen (3-9 vs. lefty)
Chipper (13-42, HR)
Zimmerman (1-1)
Crede (4-10, HR vs. good starter)
Young (12-24, HR)
ARoid (11-19, 3HR)
I saw somewhere last night that Girardi was not going to sit Alex this weekend after all. I can't confirm it, but I can risk it.

Short:
Bartlett (3-6 vs. lefty)
Zobrist (n/a vs. lefty)
Hanley (n/a vs. lefty)
Renteria (10-33)
Cabrera (4-9)
I don't care for this group much at all. Give me Bartlett and the path of least resistance.

Left:
Lind (1-3 vs. lefty)
Bay (n/a vs. rook)
Crawford (n/a vs. lefty)
Braun (2-5 vs. lefty)
Lee (2-3, HR vs. good starter)
Melky (2-5)
Again, I am not impressed with what I see. For now, I'll stay with the dependable Braun.

Center:
Sizemore (n/a)
Wells (14-40, 2HR vs. lefty)
Jones (3-5 vs. good lefty)
BJ (n/a vs. lefty)
BJ and Wells both struggle mightily with the lefties. I like Sizemore vs. Owings.

Right:
Rios (10-22, HR vs. lefty)
Bradley (3-6, HR vs. lefty)
Hart (3-7 vs. lefty)
Hawpe (n/a vs. good starter)
Upton (n/a)
I really want to keep Upton, but Rios hits the lefties well and I just don't see Moyer having two good starts in a row.

DH:
Scott (2-4, HR vs. good lefty)
Thome (4-12, HR vs. good starter)
Blalock (7-8, HR)
Matsui (3-7, HR)
Blalock's numbers are just too good to pass on.

Catcher:
Kendall (3-6 vs. lefty)
Benji (8-23, HR)
Pudge (2-4 vs. good starter)
Mauer (11-15 vs. good starter)
Salty (3-9)
Posada (4-12, HR)
I want Mauer, but can't afford him. He is still tearing it up,but his power has dropped considerably. Because of this, I won't feel too bad about taking Jorge. With the money I have left over, I am going to upgrade to Hanley at short.

FINAL LINEUP

C: Posada
1B: Tex
2B: Hill
3B: ARoid
SS: Hanley
LF: Braun
CF: Sizemore
RF: Rios
DH: Blalock
PS: Greinke

STAT CORNER

Since I am still pissed off, you tell me. What ar ethe average points scored by the Rangers staff after a day when a BBC player took them against popular opinion, and lucked out with a 24, only to fuck up and have them the next day accidentally? Sorry, I have to get to the lake. I'll have more stats tomorrow.

DISCLAIMER

My picks are my picks. If you follow my lead, do so at your own risk, espcially when I have Texas as my staff. Thanks for reading, please come again and.......

FU For Life, Kerry Wood!








4 comments:

  1. OUCH!...I know the feeling, the samething has happened to me in the past....looking at the bright side, you might be the only person who has the Rangers staff today.( Holland (1-4, 5.77)) If they do well you could make a BIG move.....good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it is what it is. so be it. I won't with harm on the Felix takers, just wouldn't be right. I just hope that Tex matches him, pitching wise. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete