Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday, the 6th

Folks, we have officially been up and running for exactle two weeks and, with over 2100 hits, I must say it feels like it has been a success. I see that we added three more followers yesterday as well. Welcome, guys. I say let's keeprolling with it. Thanks so much for coming back day after day and please keep it up. As long as you do, I will continue to work on it. Thanks again, I really mean that.

YESTERDAY

The only good thing about yesterday is that about half of you got as smoked as I did by Greinke. Man, that was bad. I was sitting at a bar and everytime the score came across the ticker for about an hour there was another run on the board. It's going tobe really hard for me to take him over Verlander again, I know that much. My bats were pretty useless as well. Pujols and Utley were the only ones worth a damn and Larry Jr., Tejada (DNP), Jones (DNP), and Upton did almost nothing for me at all. In the end, 17 points knocked me backoff the Leaderboard again to 61st overall, 12 off the LB pace. Oh well, another day another lineup. Let's get 'em, boys.

TODAY

As much as I love my bats today, I hate my pitching. It was really a tough decision, Edwin Jackson vs. Oz. My dumbass went with Oz. I still feel like that will be the pick as the Halos aren't going to be shut down twice in a row and the Rocks aren't capable of putting up 2 good days of offense in a row. Still, I don't feel too good about it. Here it is again...

C: Varitek
1b: Pujols
2B: Phillips
3B: Larry Jones Jr.
SS: Hanley
LF: Ibanez
CF: McLouth
RF: Hawpe
DH: Thome
PS: OZ

TOMORROW

Weather:
Angels/Tigers 60%
I see nothing to be worried about at this time and will pick freely.

Teams facing lefties:
Tigers, Braves, White Sox, A's, Twins, Phillies, Dodgers

Teams facing rookie starters:
Reds vs. Wells (0-2, 1.69 ERA)
Brewers vs. Hanson (MLB debut, minor league K machine)
Mets vs. Stammen (0-1 5.71 in 3 starts)
White Sox vs. Huff (0-2, 9.71 in 4 starts)
Orioles vs. Mazzaro (1-0 0.00 in 1 start)
Dodgers vs. Bastardo (1-0 1.50 in 1 start)

Pitchers (and lots of them):
Slowey (8-1 3.97, 2 R or less in last 5, 6 IP 5 ER vs. Seattle this year, 1-1 2.89 on road)
Saunders (6-4 3.77, low K's, 6 R or more in 2 of last 4, 9.00 ERA vs. Tigers this year)
Porcello (6-4 3.70, 6 IP or less in last 5, 3-2 3.67 at home, never faced Angels)
Joba (3-1 3.71, 0-1 5.82 at home, 51K in 53 IP, vs. Tampa)
Garza (4-4 3.67, .242 BAA vs. Yanks)
Bedard (4-2 2.37, less than 7 IP in last 4, 1-2 1.85 at home, 61 K in 60 IP)
Doc (9-1 2.77, 82 K in 91 IP, 7 IP or more in last 10, .212 BAA)
Wells (0-2 1.69 in 5 starts, 27K in 32 IP, at Cincy)
Colon (3-5 3.75, 5 R or more in 3 0f last 5)
Piniero (5-5 3.86, 3-1 2.05 at home)
Haren (4-4 2.42, 1-1 2.91 on road, 6 IP 3 ER vs. Padres this year)
Lincecum (4-1 3.01, 91K in 71 IP, 2-1 2.95 on road)
Wolf (3-1 3.21, roughed up in 2 of last 3, 6 IP 1 ER vs. Phills this year)
I would like to give Wells a shot but it has to come down the the big 3: Doc, Haren of the Desert, and Doc. This is a tough one. I will rule out Lince, as he faces the best team of the three. Heads = Haren, tails = Doc.........Heads is is. Seriously, I just flipped the coin.

First:
Miggy (3-7 vs. good starter)
Youk (4-10)
Pujols (2-6)
Morneau (9-21, 2HR vs. good starter)
I really am a big fan of The Youker.

Second:
Cano (5-14 vs. good starter)
Scutaro (4-5, 2HR)
Kinsler (vs. Dice)
I don't really feel anything here,but will go with Ian. Dice K anywhere is worse than Kinsler on the road.

Third:
ARoid (2-6, HR vs. good starter)
Young (5-8)
Wright (1-3 vs. rookie)
For the time being,I'll pick Wright. This may change if $ is an issue later on.

Short:
Jeter (5-14 vs. good starter)
Tejada
Give me Miguel again

Left:
Lee (5-15)
Pierre (vs. rookie lefty)
Lee for now. The difference in price betweemn him and Pierre is not very much and Lee has more power.

Center:
Granderson (4-9, HR vs. good starter)
Ankiel (2-4)
Good Lord, I don't like any of them. Granderson.

Right:
Mags (6-15, HR)
Rios (2-3)
Drew (9-17, HR)
Cruz (0-2)
Pence (4-13, HR)
Hawpe (4-5, HR)
Upton (never faced starter)
Tough call again. I think I'll keep Hawpe for now.

DH:
Ortiz (4-12, 2HR)
Blalock (1-3, HR)
Hank the Tank vs. Dice

Catcher:
Posada (2-5)
Varitek (1-4)
Yadi (2-2)
Mauer (4-13)
Martin
Martin has a night game and, becauseofthat, he is the pick for me. If nothing else, he should play. I hate picking catchers on Sunday's

All in all, I feel good about what Ihave put together here. Hopefully the coin toss treats me right. If it doesn't, I hope everyone else has Danny as well. The final.....

C: Martin
1B: Youk
2B: Kinsler
3B: Wright
SS: Tejada
LF: Lee
CF: Granderson
RF: Hawpe
DH: Blalock
PS: Haren of the Desert

STAT CORNER

I am tight on time today - having a birthday party formy boys (turning 5 and 7 this week). Instead of the usual stats I am going to do something a little different today. Below is the number of times I have taken theBig # starters tomorrow as well as the average points they have given me in return. Happy hunting, it really is a crapshoot.

Haren 7/19.7 avg.
Lince 6/22.0
Doc 4/24.8

DISCLAIMER

My picks are my picks. I do not tell anyone who to choose for their team. If you choose to follow my lead, do so at your own risk. Thanks for reading, please come again, bring a friend, make a suggestion if you have one, and.....

FU Kerry Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment