Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday, the 26th

Good morning, everyone. Thanks for coming to see us once again. Again, I'll kindly ask you again to keep your comments friendly and BBC, blog, or baseball related. I really don't want to take away the ability to post anonymously. This just isn't the place.....Thank you in advance for complying. On a good note, Michael Jackson is dead and suddenly I feel a little better about taking my kids to California. RIP Farrah.

YESTERDAY

Aside from the 4th inning, Carp did a decent job, only to be outdone by Johan. Losing that battle 21-14 is something I can deal with, though. At least I didn't get suckered into going with Lee again, whose pen f'd him even without you know who. If you bought into it, you have my deepest sympathies. The bats came through just fine last night, led by Hanley with 16 and Upton with 10. Bay and Cameron were useless and Butler sat, but my 46 offensively gave me 60 on the night, enough to keep me nestled nicely into 7th place overall.

TODAY

Moving day has arrived! There are 4 staffs in serious play tonight. Verlander and Gallardo were the most common picks and, a step below them are Beckett and Millwood. I will say that I am extremely nervous about my Milly pick, but the numbers say it's a good choice. Time will tell. You can pretty much bet that one of them will blow up, but which? My money is on Beckett - just a hunch. My bats are loaded with vets with power. I just hope that both Vlad and Rivera play. Here's the lineup again.....

C: Mauer
1B: Pujols
2B: Phillips
3B: ARoid
SS: Jeter
LF: Soriano
CF: Sizemore
RF: Vlad
DH: Rivera
PS: Millwood

TOMORROW

Weather:
It seems that there is no weather tomorrow - pick freely.

Teams Facing Lefty Starters:
Jays, Phillies, Cubs, Angels, Brewers, Royals, Padres, A's, Rockies, Mariners

Teams Facing Rookie Starters:
Phillies vs. Mills (0-0 9.82 in 1 start)
Astros vs. Figaro (1-0 3.60 in 1 start)

TURD ALERT!
Cincy (Homer Bailey returns) vs. Cleveland (Ohka blows) could be a 12-10 kind of game. You may want to consider some heavy bats in this one.

Bats to Avoid:
Kendall (2-11 vs. starter)
Jacobs (1-9, HR)
Cora (0-19)
Wright (3-15)
Castillo (0-8)
Varitek (2-19)
Youk (1-14)
Bay (2-12)
Podsednik (2-12)
Soriano (6-29, 2HR)
Zimmerman (1-9)
Dukes (0-8)

Pitchers:
Happ (4-0 3.47, 2-0 2.20 on road, 1-0 4.13 in June, at Tor)
Vazquez (5-6 3.18, 117 K in 94 IP, 1.05 WHIP, 1-2 2.20 in June, vs. Bos)
Dumpster (4-5 3.83, 1-4 3.63 on road, 0-2 2.10 in June, 0-1 4.50 vs. CWS this year)
Buehrle (7-2 3.17, 1.13 WHIP, 4-1 2.68 at home, 1-1 4.28 in June, vs. CHC)
Davis (3-8 3.53, 1-5 3.58 at home, 1-2 3.18 in June, vs. LAA)
Burnett (5-2 4.24, 82 K in 87 IP, 3-3 4.61 on road, 2-2 2.74 in June, 1-0 0.00 vs. Mets this year, .176 BAA)
Braden (5-6 3.26, 2 R or less in last 5 starts, 4-2 3.02 at home, 1-1 2.33 in June, vs. Col)
Felix (7-3 2.74, 98 K in 101 IP, 4-1 1.98 on road, 2-0 1.19 in June, at LAD)
Milton (2-0 2.89, has not gone past 5.1 IP, 0-0 2.08 in June, vs. Sea)
This pretty easily comes down only a few for me. Burnett has been good in June and is in a pitchers park against the minor league Mets. Buehrle is a good choice, but the inconsistency of the Cubs bats makes me a little nervous. King Felix has taken care of me many times in the last few weeks and his numbers have been terrific. I am staying with the King.

First:
Pujols (n/a)
Morneau (3-6)
Lee (5-11, HR vs. good lefty)
Huff (2-3)
Votto (n/a)
Berkman (n/a vs. rook)
Miggy (n/a)
Tex (4-9)
I feel pretty good about Pujols, Huff, Miggy and Berkman, but I will start my lineup with Joey Votto against Ohka.

Second:
Hill (n/a vs. good lefty)
Scutaro (n/a vs. good lefty)
Pedroia (7-10 vs. good starter)
Roberts (1-3)
Phillips (5-8, 2HR)
Uggla (1-3, HR)
Kinsler (n/a)
This comes down to Kinsler and Phillips. Neither of them are great vs. righties and neither is exactly lighting it up this month. It's close, but I'll go with Kinsler. More power for basically the same price.

Third:
Crede (3-5, HR)
Chipper (4-12)
DeRosa (1-3, HR)
Hall (2-4, HR vs. lefty)
Longoria (n/a)
ARoid (0-2)
Crede and Hall are gread money savers if you need them. ARoid has yet to sit a game this week as far as I know and Girardi said he will sit one game a week. That kind of scares me a little, so I will take Crede as my El Cheapo Especial.

Short:
Escobar (2-3)
Hardy (2-5 vs. lefty)
Tejada (n/a vs. rook)
Zobrist (n/a)
Bartlett (n/a)
Hanley (1-3)
Jeter (n/a)
Hanley - no others really considered. And I can afford him because of the Crede pick up.

Left:
Lind (n/a vs. good lefty)
Braun (3-8, 2HR vs. lefty)
Lee (n/a vs. rook)
Crawford (n/a)
Damon (3-4)
This one is pretty easy as well. Braun with great BVSP vs. the unknown matchups. Hell, if Zito could catch a goat.....he'd surely blow it.

Center:
Wells (n/a vs. good lefty)
Victorino (n/a vs. lefty rook)
McLouth (1-3)
Hunter (4-13 vs. good lefty)
Jones (1-3, HR)
Sizemore (1-5)
Granderson (n/a)
Upton (n/a)
I can't decide here. Grandy, Sizemore, McLouth, Upton, and Victorino are all good bets. Geez, Granderson, I guess.

Right:
Rios (n/a vs. good lefty)
Drew (10-24, 4HR vs. good starter)
Dye 3-9 vs. good starter)
Bradley (8-25 vs. good lefty)
Upton (n/a)
Abreu (5-14, 3HR vs. good lefty)
Cake (1-3)
Hart (4-8, HR vs. lefty)
Pence (n/a vs. rook)
Cruz (n/a)
Hawpe (n/a vs. lefty)
Hawpe, Pence and Upton are my favorites. Justin has given me alot of points this month. Let's see if he can give us some more. Also, I feel kind of bad about passing on his brother.

DH:
Ortiz (7-23, 2HR vs. good starter in NL park)
Rivera (4-8 vs. good lefty)
Sheff (9-30, 3HR vs. good starter)
A. Jones (4-9, 3HR)
The last time I took Andruw, he didn't play. If they sit him with these numbers, I'll hit the roof. Jones has too much success with Correia not to take him tomorrow.

Catcher:
Mauer (1-2 in day game)
McCann (1-3 in day game)
AJ (4-12 vs. good starter in day game)
Soto (1-3 vs. good lefty in day game)
VMart (2-6)
Benji (2-6)
Mauer has a day game in an NL park. Could he sit? Since I don't know for sure, I will go with VMart in a night game at home.


Suddenly, I am nervous aboyt Crede playing tomorrow. Because of this, I am going to change up to Rolen, who hits .361 vs. lefties and is facing his former team.

FINAL LINEUP
C: VMart

1B: Votto

2B: Kinsler

3B: Rolen

SS: Hanley

LF: Braun

CF: Granderson

RF: Upton

DH: Jones

PS: King Felix

STAT CORNER

The best and worst batters on the road:

Best (100 AB min.)
Wright .385
Braun .376
Ichiro .372
Posednik .368
Beltran .366
Figgins .366
Hanley .361
Bartlett .358
J. Upton .357
AJ .354

Worst (100 AB min.)
Thurston .159
Bruce .162
C. Young .167
Laird .167
Bradley .169
Ortiz .179
Ad. LaRoche .179
Griffey .187
Uggla .188
Atkins .195

DISCLAIMER

My picks are my picks. If you choose to follow my lead, do so at your own risk. Thanks again for reading, please come again, pass the word and.....

FU For Life Kerry Wood

1 comment:

  1. Votto looks pretty good at 1st against Tomo Oh Oh Oh No...4 2 2 0 0 2 4 2 0 0 0 0 .500 .667 2.000 2.667
    Was thinking along the same lines with Phillips at 2nd...then I see the Ranger's bats go cra z 2nyt, so you might be right with Kinsler, might still stay with Phillips...this stuff is tuff work. Glad you provide another view on this BBC stuff. Great info, keep it going.
    PEACE :-)

    ReplyDelete