Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday, the 4th

You know, the biggest problem with BBC is that you have to lock your lineups the night before. Last night, when the DH was announced, I know some of you that live on the east coast, as I do, had already cashed in for the night and got left out. This happens all the time. Youd would think that ESPN could change the lock time to right before the game like every other fantasy game in the world. Oh well, At least they didn't get me on this one. Sorry to the rest of you.

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

As of yesterday afternoon and some lengthy contract negotiations, the legal department here would like to announce the addition of a new part time contributor. Most of you will know him as JT Shunta or "The Weatherman". I am really excited about this and would like you all to welcome him. JT puts together the best weather analysis around on a daily basis and will certainly have alot to offer us with his experience and expertise. Please look forward to his posts in the very near future.

YESTERDAY

I felt pretty good last night, going to bed with 67 points in the bag. Then I woke up this morning to see that Bills tossed a shutout and my Super Star-Outside the Box-Dream Weaver pick didn't really mean much at all. Nonetheless, I'll take it. Weaver gave me 33 with a stellar outing and my bats muscled up for 35 of their own, led by Phillips (15) and Tha Youka (7). Salty, Jeter, Hunter (DNP) and Byrd were kind enough to add 1 point total. Thanks clowns. So I wake up this morning to see that I am now #67 in rank and only 15 off the Leaderboard pace. At least I'm hanging in there.......

TODAY

As you app probably know by now, the Giants and Nats are going to try to play a double dip. The weather very well could play an issue, but there is no way I was going to pass on this. RJ goes for 300 and still has the ability to toss a gem. Cain has been quietly very impressive all year. 'Nough said, count me in. However, I stated on here last night that we are overdue for a shitty Doubleheader. Please remember that when I am crying about it tomorrow. Something tells me that this will be the one. Here is the Lineup that has me popping pills for breakfast:

C: VMart
1B: Pujols (Dunn has no chance today)
2B: Burriss x2
3B: Zimmerman x2(Can't pass on him)
SS: Renteria x2(Young enough to play both?)
LF: Lewis x2
CF: Rowand x2(I've always liked him, not in a gay way or anything, just for BBC)
RF: Winn x2
DH: Johnson x2
PS: Sanny Franny x2

And as I said here before the last DH, don't tell me I'm crazy to pick against my staff in a double dip. If Zimmerman gets me 10 and ARoid gets you 7, I win. Who my pitcher is has nothing to do with it. Man, this lineup is trash.....

TOMORROW

At first glance, I really like a few of the pichers but the bat matchups look like crap. Weather may be an issue in a few places and every bat I feel good about has weather issues. A few words of advice: pick smartly with your staff, double check the weather before finalizing, and don't try to be a hero on a day like this. It just doesn't look like that kind of day to me.

Weather:
Mets/Nats 90%
Rays/Yanks 90%
Rangers/Red Sox 80%
Giants/Marlins 60%
Brewers/Braves 60%

Teams facing lefties:
Yankees, Rays, Royals, Marlins, Astros, Pirates, Indians, Cardinals, Orioles, Padres, Mariners, Dodgers, and Phillies.

Teams facing rookies:
Yankees vs. Price (1-0 3.00 ERA in 2 starts, 17K in 9 IP, weather is an issue)
Mets vs. Martis (5-1 5.62, obviously gets run support, weather is an issue)
Royals vs. Romano (2-2 4.15 ERA, recently came off DL)

Pitchers:
King Felix (5-3 3.41 ERA, 72K in 71 IP, .234 BAA vs. Minn)
Verlander (less than 7 IP in 3 of last 4, 3-0 1.08 at home, 90K in 68 IP, .319 BAA vs. LAA)
CC (weather, 7+ Ip in last 5, 1-1 3.97 at home, .248 BAA vs TB)
Greinke (88K in 82 IP, 2-1 0.39 on road, .250 BAA at Toronto)
Gallardo (2-1 3.48 on road, less than 6 IP in 3 of last 4, at Atlanta)
Vazquez (4-4 3.58, 1-3 4.41 at home, vs. Brewers)
Maholm (3-2 3.82, 2-1 1.83 at home, 7 IP and 1 ER at houston on May 31st)
Wainwright (5-3 3.38, 2-2 2.70 at home)
Milton (2-0 3.14, .319 BAA vs. Phils
This is a tough call. For me it comes down to Greinke on the road or Verlander at home. Since the Jays are struggling, I am going to take Zack for now.

First:
Miggy (4-11, HR)
Youk (6-9, but vs. good starter and weather in play, left early last night)
Tex (weather in play, banged up)
Pujols (2-8)
Giambi (4-9, 2HR)
Fat Al is probably the most sependable player in the game. With these options, I'll stick with him.

Second:
Polanco (6-17)
Phillips (2-12 vs. the Dumpster)
This group just flat out sucks today. I'll pick this position last.

Third:
ARoid (1-2 vs. rookie, weather in play)
Lowell (17-54, 2HR, weather in play)
Young (5-7, weather in play)
Cantu (4-10, HR)
Chipper (2-2, HR, banged up, vs. good starter)
I don't like this group much either but, with the addition on McLouth to the Braves I like Chipper's chances provided he's healthy. I will take the chance even though I truly hate that guy. He's also a bargain at 4.3 mil.

Short:
Jeter (1-2, HR, weather in play)
Hardy (2-4)
Tejada (3-9)
Its a bucketfull of garbage here too, as everyone I want is facing a good pitcher or has weather concerns. I'll come back to it.

Left:
Damon (weather)
Braun (.387 on road)
I'll go with the reliable Braun and hope that Vasquez is beginning to return to his usual self

Center:
Kemp (2-5, HR)
I said before that I really don't like the bats today. Hell, I have to take someone against Moyer.

Right:
Magglio (7-16)
Ross (3-6, HR)
Dye (1-3)
Upton
Ichiro (5-16)
I am tempted with Dye, but will stay with Upton who is emerging into a true superstar.

DH:
Ortiz (8-17, 3HR, vs. good starter and weather in play)
Blalock (3-7, weather)
Thome (7-20, HR)
A Jones (15-45, 6HR)
As amazing as it may be, Thome is the pick, especially against Pavano

Catcher:
Varitek (10-24, weather)
Soto (1-3)
Kendall (10-27, 2HR)
AJ (5-7)
Yadi (3-5)
Suzuki (2-3, HR)
AJ for me

Now, back to 2nd and short, Gimme Phillips and JJ. This is seriously one of the more frustrating days to pick a batter that I have seen all year. I will check the weather tonight to see if anything improves on the east coast in hopes that I can upgrade but, for now, here it is...
(EDIT: I missed mentioning Andruw Jones, who has killed Penny, as well as Tejada, who is not facing Maholm after the rainout last night. I have subbed them in for Thome and Hardy, respectfully)

(EDIT #2: Due to the Braves/Cubs rainout, I have dropped Phillips (who doesn't hit Zambrano well) for Utley

FINAL LINEUP (updated at 3:41 pm eastern)

C: AJ
1B: Pujols
2B: Utley
3B: Larry Jones JR
SS: Tejada
LF: Braun
CF: Kemp
RF: Upton
DH: Jones
PS: Greinke

STAT CORNER

From the standings page:
The Phillies are only 12-14 at home, but are 19-6 on the road.
The Dodgers are 20-6 at home, but only 17-12 on the road.

Who's hot:
Last 7 days:
R. Howard, PHI7-for-24, 4 HR, 11 RBI
B. Phillips, CIN8-for-20, 3 HR, 6 RBI
L. Scott, BAL7-for-20, 4 HR, 10 RBI
Last 30 days:
R. Halladay, TOR4 W, 0 SV, 47.0 IP, 10 ER
J. Verlander, DET4 W, 0 SV, 34.1 IP, 6 ER
T. Hoffman, MIL0 W, 10 SV, 11.0 IP, 0 ER

Who's Not:
Last 7 days:
J. Bruce, CIN1-for-24, 0 HR, 1 RBI
D. Wise, CWS0-for-10, 0 HR, 0 RBI
Last 30 days:
D. Cabrera, ---0 W, 0 SV, 15.2 IP, 14 ER
E. Santana, LAA0 W, 0 SV, 18.0 IP, 19 ER

DISCLAIMER

My picks are my picks. I do not tell anyone who to have on their team. If you choose to follow my lead, do so at your own risk. Thanks for reading, please come again, tell a friend, pass along any suggestions/comments, and.......

FU Kerry Wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment