Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!! DH Edition

Sorry for the delay guys, but I just found out about the rainout thanks to the comments below. I'ave been out all day, am coming down with a cold, and would have totally missed it had it not been for the comments. Thanks a ton, guys. Before going any further, please keep in mind that I am putting this together with very little prep work and about 10 minutes of thought.

So its the Marlins hosting the Rocks with Volstad and VandenHurk against Cook and DeLaRosa. My first instinct is to take the Marlins, as they are at home. They are also still in the NL East race and need a sweep here badly. My previous pick was Harden vs. the Bucs and that's going to be tough to pass on. Let's come back to this. I need to simmer on it a little.

First: I had Pujols. Now I will take Nick Johnson over Helton. If I take any DH staff it will be the Marlins and I have always been a fan of Johnson.

SecondBold: I had Cano. Now I have Uggla over Barmes. This is a tough one as well, but I just have a feeling on Uggla for some reason. I think the majority will have Barmes, though.

Third: I had Beckham. Now I have Bonaficio over Stewart and Atkins. Those two may split, so Bonaficio seems safer to play two.

Short: I had Hanley. I still have Hanley. Tulo is good, but not as good as Hanley.

Left: I had Holliday. Now I have Coghlan. The Rocks have a few guys at this position and who knows who will go two?

Center: I had Granderson. Now I have Cody Ross over Fowler. Ross has more power and singles don't get me too many points.

Right: I had Pence. Now I have Hawpe over Hermida. This is the first position, aside from short, that is not even arguable for me.

DH: I had Papi. Now I have Seth Smith. Now way Gload plays two, but Smith might. I wasn't too high on Ortiz anyway.

Catcher: I had Mauer. I still have Mauer. None of the catchers will go two anyway, so there is no need to change.

Pitcher: Fuck it. I have almost all Marlin bats anyway, it's time to get a little crazy. No guts, no glory. Give me the Fins.

Ok guys, as you can see I did not put a ton of thought into this. The whole thing took about 12 minutes and you see what I came up with. I do not in any way endorse this lineup. You can make the same argument for going against me at every position and have a pretty good case. It is what it is. Sorry for the late post and the lack of effort, but I am as sick as a dog and too damn tired to give you more than this right now. Thanks again to those of you that commented, letting me know about it. To the dude from Panama, my rank is listed here every day, for future reference. Thanks for reading, and here's the final...

C: Mauer
1B: Johnson
2B: Uggla
3B: Bonaficio
SS: Hanley
LF: Coghlan
CF: Ross
RF: Hawpe
DH: Smith
PS: Marlins

Good luck, guys.

1 comment: