Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday, the 23rd

Good morning, everyone. So I see that some of the masses are not too happy with the way I pick my lineups these days. I get that, I really do. Keep in mind, though, that everything you are used to seeing is still here. The only difference is in the way I pick my personal team. So it occurs to me that unless you are copying my team, and relying on me to do all of your work for you, then there should be no reason for anyone to be upset. Am I wrong? So that said, maybe if I was getting paid a little something for putting approximately 15 hours a week into this site, I would take more requests. I provide this as a somewhat of a resource, but do it more for my personal enjoyment than I do for yours. Sorry, but I hope you understand. And if you don't like my picks, oh I don't know, make your own. There is a reason the disclaimer is there in the first place.

YESTERDAY

Had Carp not been insanely good, my pitching staff would have worked out just fine. Laffey started out rough, but ended up with a very respectable 22. Hell, any time I can get that out of a Tribe pitcher, I'll take it. My bats weren't too bad either. I loaded up on Royals and managed 33 points led by DeJesus (8), Teahen (6), and Callaspo (5). My 55 overall did drop me some , though, to #29 overall and #638 in the half.

TODAY

Guys, I just got back from the lake and, since today is pretty much over, I won't go into too much detail. Here's the top picks, followed by my load...

Top Picks -
C: Mauer
1B: Prince
2B: Zo
3B: Chipper
SS: Hanley
LF: Braun
CF: Victorin
RF: Werth
DH: Vlad
PS: Felix (followed by Lince)

My Load -
C: AJ (c)
1B: Konerko (c)
2B: Hill
3B: Beckham (c)
SS: Alexei (c)
LF: Quentin (c)
CF: Victorino
RF: Rios (c)
DH: Thome(c)
PS: Felix

TOMORROW

Weather:
Brewers/Nats isolated t-storms
Chisox/Bosos scattered t-storms

Teams Facing Lefty Starters:
Mets, Royals, Rocks

Teams Facing Rookie Starters:
Twins vs. Tillman (1-1 4.80 in 5 starts)

Possible Load-Ups:
Brewers vs. Balester (1-3 6.75)
Red Sox vs. Garcia (0-1 10.38 in 1 start this season)

Bats You May Want to Avoid:
Zobrist (2-18)
Kapler (2-16)
Burrell (1-12)
Sizemore (7-39, 2HR)
Atkins (4-22)
Spilborghs (3-16)
Hawpe (1-14, HR)
Barmes (2-13, 2HR)
Ianetta (1-10)
Rowand (1-17)
Benji (2-15, 2HR)
Figgins (1-13)
Laird (0-12)

Pitchers:
Lee (11-9 2.72, 6-3 2.87 road, 3-0 0.75 August, at NYM)
Gallardo (11-10 3.56, 171 K in 159 IP, 4-5 4.04 road, 1-3 5.92 August, 1-0 3.86 at Was)
Niemann (11-5 3.71, 6-3 4.42 road, 1-1 3.86 at Tor)
Halliday (13-6 2.75, 1.11 WHIP, 8-4 2.89 home, 3-3 2.62 post break, 1-2 2.10 vs. Tam)
Marquis (14-8 3.58, Low K's, 2-1 4.15 August, 1-1 3.60 vs. SF)
Verlander (13-7 3.29, 1.15 WHIP, 2-4 K in 175 IP, 6-5 4.27 road, 0-0 4.85 at LAA)
Weaver (13-4 3.89, 8-1 2.76 home, 3-1 5.83 post break, 0-0 3.86 vs. Det)
Well Lee is obviously going to be the top pick here, and why not? I can't take him because I need to save the Phills for a DH coming up before long, but he will be the pick. Verlander and Roy will clean up whatever scraps are left, if any at all.

First:
Helton (5-16 vs, lefty)
Morales (2-6, HR vs. Verlander)
Butler, Ryho and Branyan are also worth a look.

Second:
Utley (1-1, HR)
Callaspo (2-5 vs. lefty)
Roberts (4-11)
Polanco (5-11, HR vs. Weaver)
Both of the Lopez's are worth a look as well.

Third:
Feliz (2-4)
Zimm (1-3, HR vs. Gallardo)
Peralta (15-40, 2HR)
Sandoval is also worth a look.

Short:
None of the head-to-head numbers are impressive, but Tulo and Asdrubal are probably worth a shot.

Left:
Braun (2-6, HR)
Crawford (27-78, 2HR vs. Halladay)
Quentin (1-2, HR)
DeJesus (4-11 vs. lefty)
Abreu (4-10, HR vs. Verlander)
Bay is also worth a look.

Center:
Upton (11-36, HR vs. Halladay)
A Jones (2-5)
Hunter (8-26 vs. Verlander)
Granderson (6-12, 4HR vs. Weaver)
Ellsbury, Victorino and Span are also worth a look.

Right:
Dye (2-2, HR)
Choo (6-14)
Cake (3-9, HR)
Mags (5-8 vs. Weaver)
Winn (8-22, 2HR vs. Marquis)
Werth, Ichiro and Cuddyer are also worth a look.

DH:
Lind (3-5 vs. Niemann)
Thome (1-2, HR)
Vlad (5-13 vs. Verlander)
Cust is also worth a look.

Catcher:
Zaun (2-5, HR)
Shop (3-10, 2HR)
Mauer is also worth a look.

FINAL LINEUP (Journey Day 4)

I would loved to take either Lee or Halladay, but both of their teams have DH's scheduled and I need to save them. This leaves me with Gallardo and not much else. While heis facing a Nats team that is hetting well, at least he is in a pitchers park. I just hope the rain holds off. The bats are even tougher to pick a load-up today. The only thing I see worth anything at all is Oakland vs. Ian Snell. As much as I hate to take them, I have to do it eventualy, and this time looks like as good of one as any. This lineup is atrocious. I will take RyHo at first and Braun in left as my outs, but fill the rest with A's. Here's how it looks...

C: Suzuki (a)
1B: RyHo
2B: Ellis (a)
3B: Kennedy (a)
SS: Pennington (a)
LF: Braun
CF: Hairston (a)
RF: Sweeney (a)
DH: Cust (a)
PS: Gallardo

JOURNEY STATS

Beginning Rankings:
#29 overall and #596 in the half

Current Rankings:
#29 and # 638

Change: zero and -42

Bats Used:
Mariners, Royals, White Sox, A's

Staffs Used:
Tigers, Indians, Mariners, Brewers

DISCLAIMER

My picks are exactly that, my picks. If you choose to follow my lead, you are welcome to do so at your own risk. Thanks as always for reading, please come again, and pass the word if you will.

FU HALL OF FAME

Kerry MF'n Wood (Founder, -14, -11, -7, -6)
Nick MF'n Blackburn (record holder at -43)
Jake MF'n Peavy (2 time offender at -8 and -2)
Houston MF'n Astros Staff(-4)
Los Angeles MF'n Dodgers Staff (-11)
Zach MF'n Greinke (-4)

5 comments:

  1. hello gomer ufffff!!! you scare me a little today xD

    good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry - at the lake all day - just not got home to web access

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont worry my friend!!! thanks for this blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello gomer i see your page from venezuela. it does not matter since do your lineup. your always you give the best players for position every day and we take this information to do ours. if there exist persons that they do not like it your lineup is because they do not analyze and are copied of your lineup. congratulations for your blogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Many, and thanks for reading. you boys from the big V are welcome any time.

    ReplyDelete