Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday, the 9th

Good morning, everyone. It was a Beam and coke night for obvious reasons, so let's skip the formalities and get right to it. By the way, there are only 27 days until the beginning of college fotball season.

YESTERDAY

I sure hope you had Wainwright, who has turned into a solid ace by the way, as Verl was a total turd and both Haren and Greinke disappointed. I had Zack (and that bastard Soria), who totalled a measly 6 points. My bats were led by Longoria (9) and Vlad (8) andonly combined for 30, giving me a weak total of 36. This dropped me to #31 overall and #1578 in the half as I continue to tread water.

TODAY

Cain and Johan seem to be splitting the PS take pretty much 50-50. After yesterdays flurry of debacles, I have a feeling that both of them will do well and most likely wash eachother out. Major moves up or down are not too likely today. Here's my final again, along with the top picks...

C: VMart*
1B: Pujols*
2B: Hill*
3B: Reynolds*
SS: Hanley*
LF: Holliday*
CF: Wells (Granderson*)
RF: Willingham (Abreu*)
DH: Lind (Vlad*)
PS: Johan (Cain*)

TOMORROW

Weather:
Jays/Yanks isolated t-storms
Tigers/Bosox isolated t-storms
'Stros/Marlins pm t-storms
Reds/Cards scattered t-storms

Teams Facing Lefty Starters:
Orioles, Yanks, Rocks, Mets, Chisox, Dodgers

Teams Facing Rookie Starters:
Yanks vs. Rzepczinski (1-3 3.74 in 6 starts)
Rays vs. O'Sullivan (3-1 4.24 in 6)
Chisox vs. French (2-2 3.93 in 6)

Possible Load-ups:
Orioles vs. Gonzalez (2-2 6.31)
Jays vs. Mitre (1-0 7.50

Bats You May Want to Avoid:
Varitek (2-16 vs. starter)
Youk (3-16)
DeRosa (1-13)
Francouer (3-17)
Wright (2-12, HR)
Castillo (0-10)
Ethier (3-16)

Pitchers:
Jackson (8-5 2.62, 1.12 WHIP, 3-4 2.47 road, at Bos)
Davis (6-10 3.67, 2-1 5.06 post break, 0-0 3.00 vs. NYM)
Garza (7-8 3.63, 3-4 4.09 road, at LAA)
Floyd (9-6 3.96, 4-4 5.58 road, 2-0 1.84 post break, 0-0 4.50 at Sea)
This could seriously be the worst group I have seen all season. I'm not taking Jackson against tht Sox and Garza vs. the red hot Halos is a no go as well. This leaves me with Floyd and Davis. Floyd is pitching well, but sucks on the road and Davis sucks lately, but is decent at home. It's a coin toss kind of day, really. I'll go back to my standard game plan that says NL teams at home get picked ovr AL teams on the road in tiebreaker situations. Davis it is. Ouch!

First:
Miggy (4-11, 3HR)
Pujols (2-8)
I have to go with Miguel here. Tex vs. the rookie could go ok, but I lske him better vs. righties. Pujols is always a safe pick, but I like Miggy's numbers in this one.

Second:
Cano (1-3 vs. lefty rook)
Polanco (8-22, HR)
Schumaker (4-10)
J Lopez (5-11)
Sanchez (2-6)
Hudson (7-19 vs. lefty)
Cano and Hill are the only ones I can realy make a case for here. I like Robbie, andhe hits lefties well. However, I will stay with Aaron as I really don't expect much at all from Mitre.

Third:
ARam (1-2 vs. lefty)
Figgins (3-7 vs. good starter)
This position has the most promise, I think, as Reynolds, Longoria, Arod and Sandoval all look promising. Ultimately, I think I have to stay with Reynolds. As hot as he is, the 0-6 lifetime vs. Pelfrey doesn't bother me.

Short:
Jeter (1-3 vs. lefty rook)
Greene (3-6)
I'm going to have to take Hanley (0-1) over Moehler in this one, simply based on what he is capable of. Jeter, Bartlett and Drew are tempting as well. If Jeter had done anything at all for me this year, he would probably be my guy.

Left:
Damon (1-3 vs. lefty rook)
Bay (3-8 vs. good lefty)
Fonzie (2-3, HR vs. lefty)
Manny (2-2, HR vs. lefty)
Damon, Manny and Crawford seem to be good options. Johnny D has a lefty/lefty match and Manny is in a pitchers park, so I will go with Crawford. He doesn't have too much power, but can easily get 6-8 points simply based on speed. Plus, if Napoli catches, the Rays will be running all over the place.

Center:
Ellsbury (6-14 vs. good starter)
Granderson (2-3)
Ankiel (3-7, HR)
Gutierrez (1-3)
Kemp (5-11 vs. lefty)
I like Wells here as well, since he has gone deep twice for me this week. However, I don't think he'll do it again tomorrow. Instead, I will continue to torture myself with Granderson.

Right:
Ichiro (5-11)
I can't go with Ichiro because I prefer not to take two guys with low power unless I have to (Crawford), so I will take Markakis against the rookie Gonzalez. They have never faced eachother.

DH:
Lind (2-3, HR)
Ortiz (6-14, HR vs. good starter)
This position is pretty ugly tomorrow as well. It looks like Lind is the only option.

Catcher:
Suzuki (3-4, HR)
Torrealba (2-2 vs. lefty)
Soto (1-1 vs. lefty)
Montero (2-4)
Johjima (3-4)
Martin (4-9 vs. lefty)
Once again, it's turd city. I guess I will reach out for Martin. If nothing else, he should surely start.

FINAL LINEUP

C: Martin
1B: Miggy
2B: Hill
3B: Reynolds
SS: Hanley
LF: Crawford
CF: Granderson
RF: Cake
DH: Lind
PS: Davis

DISCLAIMER

My picks are exactly that, my picks. If you choose to follow my lead, you are welcome to do so at your own risk. Thanks as always for reading, please come again, and pass the word if you will.

FU HALL OF FAME

Kerry MF'n Wood (Founder, -14, -11, -7, -6)
Nick MF'n Blackburn (record holder at -43)
Jake MF'n Peavy (2 time offender at -8 and -2)
Houston MF'n Astros Staff(-4)
Los Angeles MF'n Dodgers Staff (-11)
Zach MF'n Greinke (-4)

7 comments:

  1. Looked at the pitchers and came up with the same.. This is like a conspiracy.. All lousy pitchers...in the whole league and a given day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Montero was off today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gomer, do you think Wright against a LH pitcher is a bad idea for tomorrow? (He´s batting 420 against LH and I already have 2 NYY - ARod would be the third one - Too many I guess)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wright's not a bad idea, but he's facing my picher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do I get on CC? I just got banned by pineapple

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got banned too,lol...........

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not my call on CC invites. Give me the name you use on the other board, though, and I'll pass it along to those in charge.

    ReplyDelete