Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday, the 2nd

Good morning, everyone. I thank you again for coming, but let's get straight to the action today.

YESTERDAY

As it turned out, alot more of you went with Lincy than I expected. Actually, Lincy and Carp got almost all of the action, aside from a very small few. Timmy got me 32 and Carp got some of you a nice 26, so the pitching was not near the factor I expected it to be. So, Who had McClutcheon? Undortunately, not me. It would have been nice to have added his three longballs to my total. Alas, none of my bats took off yesterday, but I did have a handful of them with 4-6 points and they equalled Timmy with 32 of their own as a group. My 64 points moved me up just a little to 30th overall and #1922 in the second half.

TODAY

Wainwright was the most popular by a good bit but, surprisingly, Hamels was the second most picked. Honestly, I never even considered him as he has been way to inconsistent for me. Who knows? It may workout just fine, and good luck to those who take him. Here's my final again, along with the top picks by position.

C: VMart (Mauer*)
1B: Pujols*
2B: Zo (Hill*)
3B: Reynolds (Longoria*)
SS: Tulo*
LF: Fonzie (Holliday*)
CF: Sizemore (Granderson*)
RF: Upton (Abreu*)
DH: Ortiz*
PS: Wainwright*

TOMORROW

Weather:
none

Teams Facing Lefty Starters:
Royals, Giants, Rangers, Dodgers, Brewers

Teams Facing Rookie Starters:
Braves vs. Latos (2-1 2.70 in 3 starts)
Tigers vs. Tillman (0-0 4.79 in 1)

Possible Load-ups:
Dodgers vs. Parra (5-8 6.50)

Bats You May Want to Avoid:
Pena (2-18 vs. starter)
Crawford (1-16)
J Guillen (1-12)
Bloomquist (2-12)
Huff (1-13)
Roberts (1-12)
Castillo (3-16)

Pitchers:
Greinke (10-6 2.08, 1.09 WHIP, 153 K in 147 IP, 0-1 1.82 since break, 4-3 2.48 road, 0-0 1.29 at Tem)
Verlander (12-5 3.16, 1.17 WHIP, 172 K in 145 IP, 2-1 1.96 since break, 7-0 1.15 home, 1-0 4.50 vs. Bal)
Wells (7-4 2.84, 1.15 WHIP, 3-1 2.62 road, 1-0 3.55 at Cin)
Haren (10-6 2.19, 0.86 WHIP, 146 K in 148 IP, 5-1 2.22 road, at NYM)
Cain (12-2 2.12, 1.17 WHIP, 2-0 0.78 since break, 6-1 2.27 road, at Hou)
Kershaw (8-5 2.76, 117 K in 120 IP, 1-0 0.86 since break, 3-2 1.75 home, 1-0 1.50 vs. Mil)
Narrowing it down to Verl and Haren is pretty easy. Picking between the two is not so simple. I love the home numbers and the K's for Justin, but I don't like going against the O's bats. On the other hand, Haren has the WHIP and the Mets, but is on the road. In that park, though, I have to take Haren.

First:
There are no significant BVSP numbers here. Your best bets are going to be Gonzalez, Lee, or Miggy. All are hitting well right now. I will take Derek Lee (.269, 5HR) vs. Harang in the pitchers park.

Second:
Zo (3-5 vs. good starter)
Phillips (2-5 vs. good starter)
Hudson (2-4 vs. lefty)
There is definately nothing too impressive here, as all the decent bats face decent starters. I am going to take Phillips, mainly because of the park again.

Third:
ARam (16-45, 4HR but may be hurt)
Wright (3-10, HR vs. good starter)
Sandoval (2-3 vs. lefty)
Young (4-5 vs. lefty)
Blake (3-3, HR vs. lefty)
I think since ARam may be down, I am going to take Reynolds for now. If ARamis is playing today, I might change to him later. Otherwise, Reynolds is too hot to pass on vs. poor pitching.

Short:
Bartlett (3-8 vs. good starter)
Theriot (10-33)
Renteria (11-36 vs. lefty)
Good Lord, this group shows little promise. Give me Theriot by default.

Left:
DeJesus (5-15 vs. lefty)
Lee (2-4, HR vs. good starter)
Blalock (4-4, HR vs. lefty)
Manny (1-3 vs. lefty)
I kind of like Manny, but he has not really been on this week. With the Nats bats as hot as they have been, gimme Dunn.

Center:
Hamilton (1-3 vs. lefty)
Cameron (3-6, HR vs. good starter)
I'll take Granderson vs. the nobody.

Right:
Fukudome (5-13)
Ethier and Upton are the obvious picks and I will stay with Justin. Again, he and Reynolds are on fire.

DH:
Scott (3-9, HR vs. good starter)
I don't want Scott vs. Verl which leaves me with Cust and not much more.

Catcher:
Suzuki (3-4)
McCann is the only decent pick, if you ask me.

Sorry for the lack of numbers today, but there really aren't too many to give with the limited schedule.

FINAL LINEUP

C: McCann
1B: Lee
2B: Phillips
3B: Reynolds
SS: Theriot
LF: Dunn
CF: Granderson
RF: Upton
DH: Cust
PS: Haren of the Desert

DISCLAIMER

My picks are exactly that, my picks. If you choose to follow my lead, you are welcome to do so at your own risk. Thanks as always for reading, please come again, and pass the word if you will.

FU HALL OF FAME

Kerry Wood (Founder, -14, -11, -7, -6)
Blackburn (record holder at -43)
Jake Peavy (2 time offender at -8 and -2)
Houston Astros Staff(-4)
Los Angeles Dodgers Staff (-11)
Zach Greinke (-4)

5 comments:

  1. I don't think Oswalt is pitching....some guy named Bud Norris is

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but I don't have Oz listed, do I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. freaking ahola banned me

    ReplyDelete
  4. BB, stop crying, take the ban like a man

    ReplyDelete