Thursday, August 27, 2009

Final Edition (probably)

Guys, it has come down to this. While I really did have alot of fun doing this in the beginning, and honestly am overwhelmed from the traffic and support that this site recieved, I am going to have to shut it down. To those of you that have grown to depend on some of the information on here, I am truly sorry for this.

It has been a very long season for me. I have had alot of non-BBC things going on lately and the time it takes me to put this together everyday is quite frankly not there right now. Nor is my interest in doing it.

BBC is a very taxing game to play, as you all know, requiring our full attention, every day, for basically 6 months just to play at a competitive level. Lately, my interest in it has dwindled tremendously. The salaries are probably a part of it. As you all know, we pretty much have 6 or 7 of the same players on a daily basis and there is no incentive to do extensive prep work in order to have a good score. Ultimately though, I've just grown tired of it. Maybe the fact that I finally recorded a Leaderboard finish kind of blew it for me. Maybe since I have now been there, the challenge isn't what it once was. Who knows?

It takes me about an hour to an hour and a half every day to put this together, which is really not a problem. Unfortunately, I can not access BBC from work so I have to do the research for this at home and with a wife and two young kids (who are just now going back to school), I simply don't have the time. Throw in little league, cub scouts and swimming lessons to boot. Yes, what you see here is exactly what I use to make my teams. However, when I don't have to write it down, revise it, condense it, type it, etc., I can do it all in about 15-20 minutes. In my world, at this time, that is a hell of a big difference.

I tried to keep up my interest by doing the "around the league" thing, and it helped......for a few days. But in the end, my passion to put extended time into this game at this part of the season is simply gone. Football season starts in 9 days and I know from past experience that once it starts and I am going to games every week, my interest in baseball goes straight in the crapper.

With this being the case, I would rather not do this if the product is going to be sub-par. I have put alot of effort in what you guys have read over the last three months and don't want to bother putting up a weak effort going forward, which is what I fear it will be. As I have said from the beginning, I don't want to do this half-assed.

I would like to take this time to thank everyone from the Country Club for supporting me in this venture from the beginning, for helping me promote it, and for pitching in for ther All-Star Spectacular which I believe was this site's greatest day by far. I also want to thank everyone who has been here, seen value in it, and continued to come back day after day. For those of you that have commented, both the good and the bad ones, thank you as well. I always took the negative ones in stride and used them to improve the site (when they were valid) and the positive ones kept me going much longer than I really wanted to.

Again, this is something I have been thinking about for a few weeks now and I have tried very hard to weather the storm, I really have, but at this point I have no other option. For those of you who are disappointed, I am truly sorry and wish you the best of luck with the game going forward. And remember, it is just a game.

With this said, I will now back away. Thanks again to you all.

FU Kerry Wood!

41 comments:

  1. Good Night and thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gomer,
    Thanks for all the insight. This was one of the blogs that I stopped by on a daily basis.I'll be in touch in the CC. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gomer,
    I totally agree with you.
    BBC is an entertainment, not an obligation, and so is this blog. Since you didnt charge any money for your advice, you had the right to stop giving it when you no longer enjoyed it.
    For me, it was useful (a second opinion: Mmm... Gomer has the same player, so I guess I have the right one - or: Gomer has a different player, lets see why)
    So thanks and the best of luck for you
    JJ - elcatire5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello gomer we feel it, but it is your desicion and we cannot change it, you were a great help to choose our lineup, I hope you come back next season, thanks for everything and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gomer...I never had the pleasure to talk to you everyday like others, but you just allowing me to be part of this group was special. Baseball is very dear to my heart and you for one, know your "stuff". I hope I get invited back next year. I really do love baseball and my football season does not really start until the 2nd or 3rd week in October. Gomer, your approach to this blog was genius. JT, Zeus and the other contributors were so helpfull. The best part of the deal, besides the great baseball talk, was the fact that you never cast judgement on anyone and that was really refreshing.
    You will be missed and have a great and blessed off season.
    Again, thank you so much. It really has been a crazy, yet fun ride...
    ps Take care of your sons. Before you know it, they will have families of their own...
    PEACE :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another one bite the dust, we have to follow pinapple to the pinnacle now, is that something ??

    ReplyDelete
  7. You notice I use pinapple, they are saying pineapple is a racial slur over there

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gomer, totally see your point and totally understand where you are coming from. Thanks for all your hard work over the past several months, it was appreciated.Hope to see you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've enjoyed checking your blog regularly and will greatly miss the quick condensed stats you provide. It saved me time because you were doing the work for us. Guess I'll have to do it myself now, huh? I echo the previous comment about how refreshing it was that you never cast judgment or were demeaning to the opinions of others. Now go enjoy those kids... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gomer, you're the man.
    See you at the CC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Gomer! Always one of my sites I visited when doing my lineup.

    And for some reason this season feels like the longest ever. I'm ready for a break come October.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guys, I greatly appreciate the kind words as well as your understanding. It really means alot to me and you have helped to make this site something that I am very proud of. Who knows, maybe next year..........

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gomer...I still come back to see if there are any crumbs left...I met some really cool people thru this site and would it sound to corny if I said...
    God Bless to you and your family going forward...
    ps I know Jim Leachman probably already said it, but just in case he missed it...
    Thanks again to a true friend.
    PEACE :-)
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are doing the right thing, Gomer....when your blog started out it it was great....then the quality started going downhill. When you started that foolish "around the league" thing, I knew it was just a matter of time....like I said the other day, you gave it a helluva run but it's time to put this baby to bed....now come, come to the land of the pineapple, feel the lava flow, grab a pot of gold and finish the season on a high note.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is something wrong with that Robert dude......disturbing..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Robert, are you getting pressure out from pineapple? he is in the top 10 ranking most of this month, maybe we all should follow his lava flow to the pinnacle

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am not a fan of pineapple, but lets give this dude some credit, if he is copying other people's line up like some of the people claim, then, he must be a great copier, I try to copy Usual Suspect's line up and I am in 2000's ranking, Robert, the guy above me is right, don't let pineapple pressure you out, if he is beating you, so what??

    ReplyDelete
  18. Give Hawaii his due. If he's looking at lineups, he's making his own choices, not copying verbatim. I would be wary if I was his follower. He said Lee and took Gallardo and led his sheep to slaughter, hah hah.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Same here, I don't listen to Hula boy advice, but the guy is a legit good BBC player, I don't buy into the crap that people said he is good because of he copy LU, I listen to advice and look at LU all day at CC, and my ranking is look like sh*t, Hey Robert, if you quit because you afraid of Hawaii copy your IU, you are fooling yourself and you let the people down here

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah, Gomer quit as soon as people said Hawaii copy line up, f@@king jokers just screwed up one time, they loss their help here and Hawaii is still in the top ten ranking,I doubt Hawaii even come here, he is beating Gomer and everyone here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those clowns are jealous of Hawaii to me

    ReplyDelete
  22. i can assure you all this much - hawaii has absolutely nothing to do with it. hell, my lineup has been on here daily since late may. anyone could have (and some did) copy it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Don't know why people make such a big deal on copy line up, I've tried to follow those professional handicappers for the Vegas wages, and I am still in the hole, those idiots on the board are really making an AZZ.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Guys...not sure what to say here. I don't approve of cheats and it would be a shame to see BBC come to that. I guess I am disturbing to some who would like to silence me, but it is just like the haters to label someone else and glorify themselves. Hitler and Obama both ran/run their platforms from fear and did or do the same thing. NO ONE BULLY'S ME. Talk has always been cheap, but don't let your mouth write a check, that your body can not cash. Mr. H is far from being my guiding light and I infact find most of his self prophesizing posts distasteful. I am not afraid of anyone. That might be a stupid statement, but I still have the stuff to rip peoples heads off and sh*t in theire necks if needed. The sad part is that no one will get me off any board as long as there is a freedom to express ones opinions. Even as this thing fades away, I still see the same cheap shots...really gets old, but will never intimidate me...thought this was all about baseball, but I think some will never allow it to be. Really sad.
    Just a thought...C-YA next season and stay thirsty my friends.
    PEACE :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous...don't think you can hide, ass wipe cause I KNOW WHO YOU ARE. If you would like me to travel to your location...just let me know where and when you stinking POS. I do travel to deficate in what would be left of the orifice called your neck...bring it dude and I gurantee Blue Cross will not save your ass. You and your lil dog F**king boyfriend can vidio tape the beating for U-Tube cause that is all that would be left. You really do not know who you a f'ing with here bro and I can revert back to what I was in about 2 seconds...so do not get me started. You can call this what you want, but it is lil dog abusing f'ers like you, that used to make my day complete...Yep, I used to be a decent street fighter. Hung it up a couple of years ago...so test me and contact me. I used to get great pleasure in taking out sub-humans like yourself. You know where I am, so take off that apron called anony-I-AM-A-Mouse and man up...I and the rest of the world are waiting...this might disappoint some, but I don't play these kind of games with anyone and if you think you have suckered me into something...you are very very wrong and pathetic...
    YOU DUMB F'ING POS...YOU CAN NOT BULLY ME AND IF I SEE YOU DO IT TO SOMEONE ELSE...THE END RESULT WILL BE THE SAME...FEEL ME BRO!
    The world is waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like to cheat my way to da pinnacle.
    Pineapple Power!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I AM A CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can see all your line ups!
    HA HA!
    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  29. POI POWER!!!
    If you're not a warrior, eat my POI

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like little Hawaiian boys in grass skirts.
    I want Hawaiian baby gravy all over my face.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cum to me, little warriors.
    I want to taste your poi

    ReplyDelete
  32. Whose line up shall I mooch today?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Mama Hawaii is calling me.
    I have to take her to da clinic again.
    She's got herpes da size of da coconuts.
    Got to scrape off the scabs.
    Be back later, Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ewwwwww, dey are oozing da puss.
    It's a messy job, but some warrior has to do it.
    Dis is da pinnacle of da herpes!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fox Motherfucking MulderSeptember 1, 2009 at 3:53 PM

    Wow, kids never sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, Fox never sleeps

    ReplyDelete
  37. Jack Fox Mulder TripperSeptember 1, 2009 at 7:31 PM

    Hey, who did that?

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have a gay luau to attend.
    Gonna get my poi hole stuffed tonight, Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anybody got any ASSTROGLIDE?

    ReplyDelete
  40. someone get Robert some xanax and/or valium

    ReplyDelete