Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday the 25th

Wow, more views yesterday than the day before (170 yesterday, 330 total). I guess that must be a good thing. Thanks.

Can you say Titanic? I dropped last week Like Michael Spinks at a Tyson fight. Your know what? Fudge it. Last week was last week and in honor of Memorial Day, I'm coming out fighting.

YESTERDAY

Total bust. Verlander killed me. The late long ball by Prince helped a ton but, other than that, I I really just want to forget about it. If you took Felix - well done. In the end, 17 points. I dropped from 58 to 114 in rank, and am 34 points away from ther LB. Remember, 5 days ago, I was #11. It doesn't take long and it all started with Kerry Wood. I hope I don't have to take the Tribe again in order to break the hex 'cause it's not going to happen. I'll just suffer. FU Kerry Wood.

TODAY

On to bigger and better things, I hope. Rain could be an issue in a few places today and, if you saw my late night update yesterday, you know I got a little scared of the weather. It happens when things aren't going your way. Here's the final lineup:

c - McCann (Mauer got plunked last night)
1b - Morneau (Twins are killing the ball)
2b - Aaron Hill (late night upgrade from Roberts)
3b - Wright (guaranteed numbers today)
ss - Hanley (usually takes care of me)
lf - Pierre ( have had him twice for 14 pts so far)
cf - Granderson (eh?)
rf - Cruz (late night change)
dh - Blalock (late night change)
ps - Wandy (weather scared me in KC)

It will be better today. I can feel it and my climbing shoes are on. I'm coming back, starting today.

TOMORROW

Weather - It's everywhere. Fla/Phi, Pit/Chc, TB/Cle, and Tor/Bal all have a 70% chance of rain right now. Det/KC and Hou/Cin are at 60%. This will greatly effect what I do today. I'll post a lineup now, but may update it before the end of the night.

Teams facing Lefties - Baltimore, Pitt, Philly, Minnesota, Colorado, the White Sox, Seattle and Atlanta.

Pitcher - This is an absolute no brainer for me, but I did look at a few options.
Garza - 2-0, 2.93 ERA in May. 5 straight quality starts. .309 BAA
Wainwright - 8.1 IP, 2 h, 1 ER, 7 K vs. Mil last week, 2 straight great starts
Greinke - 2 runs or less in all 9 starts, .235 BAA, but weather could be a factor
Lincecum - Braves suck, and suck more vs. lefties, also have a rookie starting
Like I said, no brainer - Lincecum

first - Huff vs. Rook, Pujols 13-33 bvsp, Swisher 10-25 and 3 hr vs. starter, Teix, Morneau killing lefties, Youk, A Gonzales vs. rook. Huff has been a little off, as has Swisher. Teix faces a hot starter in Millwood. Fat Al hasn't gone deep in a while. Fat Al for now.

second - Utley, Roberts, Kinsler, Cano, Hudson. Weather scares me off of a few of them. Cano is the only one I still like, but again, Millwood. Suprise pick, Skip Schumacher hits over.300 vs. righties - and he's cheap.

third - Longoria, Wright, Young, ARoid, Zimmerman. Wright is playing well right now and facing a rook. I also have him on the cheap.

short - Peralta, Hanley, Bartlett, Tejada, Theriot. What do they all have in common? Weather issues. Jeter has hit .362 vs. Texas in the last 3 years and is hitting very well right now. I'm in.

left - Crawford, Lee, Braun, Duncan, Pierre, Bay. I like Pierre again, but have some money to spend with the cheap pick at 2nd. Since Youk seems back to form, I'm going to roll with Bay.

center - Victorino, Jones, Beltran, Cameron. Weather for the first three, Beltran has a knee issue. Again, let's pull one out of the hat and go with Hamilton. Good park and Joba is punk.

right - Ibanez, Cake, Pence, Hawpe, Cuddyer, Ethier, Upton. Hawpe hits great at home, Ethier kills the starter at Coors and Upton is hitting it well. Have to take Upton. Ethier and Hawpe were down last week.

dh - Sheff vs. rook. This is the only matchup i really like and weather is not an issue.

catcher - VMart, Yadi, Soto, Jojima, Benji, Mauer (may be hurt). I like Benji vs. the rook and the poor Braves pen.

FINAL LINEUP

C - Benji
1B - Pujols
2B - Shumacher
3B - Wright
SS - Jeter
LF - Bay
CF - Hamilton
RF - Upton
DH - Sheff
PS - Lincecum

I will check this again tonight for weather, but I doubt I willchange anything. Bad juju.

STAT CORNER

Just rediculous - The Baltimore Orioles have lost 27 of their last 30 games - ON SUNDAYS!

Need a cheap pick? Below is a list of the top 2 batters at each position in total BBC points that are currently priced at 4.o or less:
c - Vatitek (111, 3.6 mil), Suzuki (110, 3.8 mil)
1b - Overbay (112, 3.6 mil), Lee (100, 3.7 mil)
2b - Callaspo (121, 3.7 mil), Shumacher (107, 3.5 mil)
3b - Feliz (116, 3.8 mil), Bonaficio (115, 3.8 mil)
ss - Zobrist (121, 3.8 mil), Furcal (103, 3.9 mil)
lf - Morgan (127, 3.7 mil), Hermida (124, 3.7 mil)
cf - Spilborghs (120, 3.8 mil), Melky (117, 3.7 mil)
rf - Ross (124, 3.9 mil), Francouer (112, 3.8 mil)
dh - Kuber (129, 3.9 mil), Teahen (118, 3.8 mil)

DISCLAIMER

My picks are my picks. I am not telling you who to take. If you follow my lead, do so at your own risk, especially after last week. Thanks for coming, please keep reading, and all feedback is welcome.

FU Kerry Wood

4 comments:

  1. Good, concise analysis. I will be checking this blog again.
    I disagree on Lincecum. He is worth a look and many will pick him, but hes not a no-brainer. The Braves are hot (won 7 of last 10, with double digit runs in some).
    Also, what about Saunders against the weak hitting ChiSox? Sure he doesnt strikeout hitters at the rate Lincecum does, but hes at least worth more of a mention than some of those other pitchers you looked at. Angels have a better than average bullpen too, which you can't say for Lincecum.
    Good luck tomorrow. I like the rest of your lineup.
    -bkirke2 (on espn boards)

    PS-Lincecum is a righty, not a lefty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angels bullpen has the 29th worse era in baseball. SF is 13th.

    http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/mlb/statistics/2009/bullpenstatistics_mlb_regular.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for pitching in, guys - please come back soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come join Country Club, Miss Hawaii like the Country Club to talk BBC and pick up boys there

    ReplyDelete