Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday, the the 30th

Good morning, gents, enjoy your DH? We had 145 views again yesterday, not too bad. Thanks for coming again. Time has gotten away from me a little bit in the last few days, but I am hoping to have our first guest writer on board by Monday. You may know him - Zeushigh! Please leek a look out for it and I will announce it when it is a done deal. The real hold up is that I have to decide exactly how I want to do it, as well is how to do it. Again, I am a computer 'tard.



YESTERDAY



Damn, so close. The DH went well for me as I managed to put up a strong 83 points. Young was pretty much a total bust and I wish I had gone with Scott again (4 HR's in 2 days?), but the insanely stupid Rangers PS pick did me well. With a little assistance from Billingsley and his mediocre effort, I climbed to #51 overall and am only 1 point off the Leaderboard. Could today be the day for my long awaited return? Sure hope so.



TODAY



I don't really know how I feel about today's lineup. Its Carp vs. Verlander for the most part, although quite a few went with Hamels. I really don't get that one too much with the other options out there. I don't feel too good about my bats, but who knows? Here is the lineup again:



C - Mauer (solid)

1B - Gonzalez (Coors)

2B - Kinsler (due)

3B - Crede (eh?)

SS - Jeter

LF - Ibanez (how could you not?)

CF - Fowler (El Cheapo Especial)

RF - Cruz (swingin' the hot bat)

DH - Matsui (best of the worst)

PS - Carp (feel good about this one)



We'll see. Good luck to you and yours, provided that they are on this list.



TOMORROW



You better make the right picks with your bats, as I think just about everyone will have the same staff.



Weather - None - Pick freely



Teams facing lefties -Toronto, Boston, Philly, Wash, Pitt, Houston, KC, Texas, SD, the Angels, St. Louis, the Cubs, the Dodgers



Teams facing rookies - Boston vs. Romero (2-1, 3.08 but rocked in his first start off theDL), Detroit vs. Berken (1-0, 3.60 in one start), Zona vs. Medlin (who flat out sucks)



Pitchers - Jackson - .304 BAA, 4-3 2.58 on the year, 2-2 1.62 on road
Garza - 60 K in 66 IP, 4-3 3.65 ERA on the year
Gallardo - Rocked by Cincy in April, 4-2, 3.32 on the year, .167 BAA, 56K in 59 IP
Greinke - 81K in 75 IP, 8-1 .84 ERA, what else do you need to know?
Millwood - 3-1, 2.52 at home, 2-2 4.50 in May
Wainwright - 3 straing starts with 1 run or less and 7+ IP, 2-2 3.53 on the year
Sherzer - 53K in 50 IP, helt Atlanta scoreless for 6 IP once this year
As soon as I saw his name, I decided on Greinke - especially against the batless Chisox

First - Tex, Youk, Miggy, Prince (6-9), ZPujols (2-3)
These are all good options, but I'm going to take Miggy vs. the rookie

Second - Cano, Roberts, Utley (6-18, 2HR), Kinsler
Ian hits .407 vs. Lefties and .381 at home

Third - ARoid, Wright, Longoria
I'll get back on the ARoid train after a few days. Pavano still sucks.

Short - Jeter, Rollins (6-18, HR), Zobrist, Hardy (3-6)
Since I know I am going to need to sae money somewhere, Zobrist is an easy one for me

Left - Damon (4-9), Bay, Ibanez (3-4), Braun (5-9, HR), Soriano (6-12), Pierre
Braun and Fonzie are struggling, Damon gives me too many Yanks, Bay is booring me right now, I have to stick with Raul as he is hitting lefties and righties equally as hard

Center - Sizemore, Granderson, Victorino (6-17), McLouth, Cameron (4-12, 2HR), Hamilton
Hambone has had a little more bark than bite lately. For not, I will go with Grady

Right - Rios (6-17), Cake (4-6), Pence (4-12), Upton vs. the rook
I just have to go wit Upton on this. Cake has cooled some, Pence doesn't thrill me and Rios busts every time I take him

DH - Scott (2-6, HR), Byrd (5-13)
I need to save cash and just have to hope that Scott has a few more long ones in him

C - VMart, Mauer, Martin, Soto
This one is easy for me. Martin and Soto are playing a night game, so both should start. I only have money for Soto

I really like what I see here. I realy only sacrificed at the catcher position, which is often a crapshoot anyway. Here is the final:

C - Soto
1B - Miggy
2B - Kinsler
3B - ARoid
SS - Zobrist
LF - Ibanez
CF - Sizemore
RF - Upton
DH - Scott
PS - Greinke

Sorry there weren't more stats with these guys today, but there just wasn't much to report. Sometimes it just happens that way.

STAT CORNER
Who's Hot
Last 7 days:

L. Scott, BAL7-for-11, 5 HR, 12 RBI
N. Cruz, TEX8-for-21, 2 HR, 5 RBI
J. Pierre, LAD12-for-27, 0 HR, 7 RBI
Last 30 days:

J. Verlander, DET4 W, 0 SV, 35.1 IP, 4 ER
J. Peavy, SD3 W, 0 SV, 42.1 IP, 10 ER
F. Rodriguez, NYM1 W, 9 SV, 15.0 IP, 0 ER

Who's Not
Last 7 days:

B. Molina, SF2-for-20, 0 HR, 0 RBI
J. Kendall, MIL0-for-12, 0 HR, 0 RBI
Last 30 days:

J. Moyer, PHI0 W, 0 SV, 24.1 IP, 26 ER
D. Cabrera, ---0 W, 0 SV, 15.2 IP, 14 ER

courtesy of MLB.com

Coming early next week will be the best and worst of May

DISCLAIMER

My picks are my picks. I do not tell anyone who to put on their teams. If you choose to follow my lead, do so at your own risk. Thanks for reading, please come again, all suggestions are welcome, and.........

FU Kerry Wood




No comments:

Post a Comment